the mounting line, + or -, why not use a moveable track binding? like tyrolia

i see quite a few questions about where to mount binders.

a quite a few redrills to move them 1 or 2 cm.

why not use a binding that can be moved,like tyrolia railflex rfd 14?

you get more than 3 cm fudge factor if you tweak the boot center as well.

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

I have some of the LD 12s on a pair of skis.

That being said, I prefer flat mounted skis. I never screw with moving them up and back. And I'm getting some looseness in the binding after 1 season (that could be the mount or my general abuse of them, though.)

I won't buy them again. But if you really want to move them back and forth, I suppose they're your best option.

I have had problems with pre releasing on the LD 12's. They just don't feel as solid as my Axial2's. The toughness of the Axial2's gives me peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

The other issues are added weight from the track and whether or not the track (and bigger footprint if it allows a lot of adjustment) affect the flex pattern of the ski.

a few points

i love tyrolia because i can buy the plates for $10,mount them without a jig, move them fore and aft, adjust to any boot size, and more to another ski in minutes at no charge. and there is no need to ever re-drill. that saves a lot of money and doesnt hurt the re-sale of the ski so much.

personally i have not had problems with pre-release. but rfd 14 should hold almost anyone.

i dont know the relative weights of all the bindings, but i wasnt thinking so much about going up. i dont think the plates make much of a weight difference.they do allow for freeflex of the ski without a flat spot.

the rail does add some height, but not much compared to the AT set-ups.

when i read about people redrilling to move bindings 1-2cm and buying new bindings for each ski, these make sense to me

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14