Orginal Desktop/Wallpaper/Background Images

So I know there's several photo threads out there already, but I couldn't find one dedicated to larger pics you can use for a computer wallpaper. I always have skiing images on my background and screensaver this time of year, and I know there's some great mag photos that would work perfectly in this regard. I would say the only criteria would be 1024 x 768 minimum size, and horizontal images only. Other than that, action shots, scenery, or anything else that charges the skiing stokemeter will work. Lets see the money shots...
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    -Mario Andretti

I've had this one up since my last day of the year at Baker last spring
    Last edited by PulverSchwein; 11-28-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Shaun Raskin Killing it in the BC in the Three Sisters Wilderness in Oregon :-)

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

this is taken from the back side of copper (mt tucker)

this is from my back yard a couple of days ago

this is a basin maybe 2-3 weeks ago, the picture doesn't do it that much justice, the sky was amazing, there was a front coming in

and this is a squirrel water skiing

living well is the best revenge.

"He said he was at costco serving ass kickings up in bulk"

"Tequila is the most jealous of all the liquors. If you are going to partake in alcohol beverages and you're going to start with tequila, stay with tequila, don't mix that." ~ some bum

Not ski stoke, but desktoptopia.com provides a very sick graphic art desktop library that you can set to change every minute, hour, or day. Kinda nice always have a new desktop. There are some ridiculous visuals in there.

here's one of Lake Dillon from the top of Breck
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    -Mario Andretti

bklyn put up a thread with links to Life Magazine's photo archives. She also included a link to their ski photos.

I'm currently using the photo below for my desktop; I'm not sure why, maybe it's the gear memories that appeal to me.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Orginal Desktop/Wallpaper/Background Images

The images can be used as desktop background pictures on personal computers free of charge. No photograph may be reproduced, copied, stored, manipulated or used whole or in part of a derivative work