Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    so how the fuck do i say on3p?
    onEp?
    ohhh-n-3-p?
    on-3p?
    on-3-p?

argggghhhh?
    haha some of those I wouldn't even know how to say.

And just say it out. O N 3 P (oh-en-three-pee)
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Whats the price of those skis?

I know a JONG's not really allowed to call JONG on someone else, but seriously? You could have found the answer at on3pskis.com in the time it took you to ask the question.

so is it zero camber underfoot? or am i mistaken.

hey i now realixe that yes they do have some camber underfoot and that they are made for tight trees but, will they still be able to make wide turns or do they just turn too fast?

I am about the same size as the original poster of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WANAXindasnow View Post
    hey i now realixe that yes they do have some camber underfoot and that they are made for tight trees but, will they still be able to make wide turns or do they just turn too fast?

I am about the same size as the original poster of this thread.
    They are definitely most comfortable making smaller to medium sized turns, but they can make bigger turns. Because there is so much taper in the sidecut they don't feel like they need to be on edge and turning all the time, but once you roll the ski over the turn pretty quickly. All our testers didn't seem to have any issues with it, but did note where they excel is in tight spaces.

I know you have said you don't have any around to weigh, but do you have a ballpark? Looking for something to tour with so would be interested if the 186 came in around 9 lbs or less.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nate s View Post
    I know you have said you don't have any around to weigh, but do you have a ballpark? Looking for something to tour with so would be interested if the 186 came in around 9 lbs or less.

thanks
    if I can get a tester pair down to portland soon, I will try and weigh it. If I have an update on weight I will post it up.

Hey how stiff are the Billy Goats. I like mid stiff skis and if these are that they look very tempting
    192 DPS Lotus 138's + Marker Griffon
    189 K2 Seth + Salmon Z12
    178 DPS Lotus 120's + Dynafit Vertical FT Z12
    177 Volkl Mantra + Marker Duke
    177 Volkl Wall + Marker Griffon
    172 Dynastar Contact 9 + Look PX12 Fluid

If we were t relate them to our line, I would call them a medium stiff flex.

They are softer than the wrens and great scotts, which are fairly stiff, and stiffer than the caylors, which are more of a medium flex.

I dunno, that might be pretty vague. They are stiff enough to not get knocked around, but they had to remain soft enough to stiff be playful in tight spaces.

Judging by the measurements I'm guessing it skis quite similar to a DPS Lotus 120?
    192 DPS Lotus 138's + Marker Griffon
    189 K2 Seth + Salmon Z12
    178 DPS Lotus 120's + Dynafit Vertical FT Z12
    177 Volkl Mantra + Marker Duke
    177 Volkl Wall + Marker Griffon
    172 Dynastar Contact 9 + Look PX12 Fluid

Lotus 120 has no tail rocker and therefore a much longer running length. It also has a much larger turning radius.

I'm looking to get a pair of skis for my daughter - 5 ft 6 and 115 lbs - would the 176 be too much ski for her for trees/powder?

what other skis is the flex comparable to?

Quote Originally Posted by skiburgher View Post
    I'm looking to get a pair of skis for my daughter - 5 ft 6 and 115 lbs - would the 176 be too much ski for her for trees/powder?
    yeah thats a pretty big ski for someone only 115lbs

Think the Rossi S7 will come in a girl version this year. Check their site-think I remember a 167?? Or a 175 JJ, which skis uber short.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by stone88 View Post
    Judging by the measurements I'm guessing it skis quite similar to a DPS Lotus 120?
    Lotus 120 definitely has a much larger turn radius and a lot of different things going on with the taper. If there was no tip and tail taper, it would be somewhat similar, but when the running length is only 117cm, definitely pretty different

Size wise, maybe, but not with her weight unless I changed the composite layup. We really wanted to add a 166cm BG for women/small men, but we just didn't think the number of sales would be enough to justify the high minimums that come with some of our materials.

So while I would love for her to be on some ON33Ps, the ski I would look to is the new 4frnt CRJ. I think it comes is some sizes in the <170cm range and everyone seems to think they ski great, so probably a better fit for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ar6161 View Post
    what other skis is the flex comparable to?
    I wish I could answer these questions better, but I have just not flexed many other non-ON3Ps in the last few years. I would say it is stiffer than the obsethed but softer than the gotama. The ski is definitely very solid underfoot, and then softens up as you move out more to the tips and tails.

Can anyone here give a flex comparison between these and the JJ? I know I've asked Scott too many times, anyone else know whose flexed both?
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

bump....
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Space reserved for a touring telemark review some time in Deepcember
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.