Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Like powtron said at that width there's plenty of coverage and to me it's easier to fold a symetrical skin
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

jong away but I don't have time to read 6 pages of posts- I at least skimmed a bit.

I see by these last posts talking about what skins to use that people are putting AT bindings on these monsters. A couple general questions:

1. What AT bindings are you using?
    2. How tall are you to be using these picnic benches as touring skis? I am 5'8" and would like to put some fritschi's on these since that is what I ride now and am comfortable on, but am a bit worried about maneuvering these bad boys up hill with my relatively short legs.

PuderLuder

Quote Originally Posted by PuderLuder View Post
    jong away but I don't have time to read 6 pages of posts- I at least skimmed a bit.

I see by these last posts talking about what skins to use that people are putting AT bindings on these monsters. A couple general questions:

1. What AT bindings are you using?
    2. How tall are you to be using these picnic benches as touring skis? I am 5'8" and would like to put some fritschi's on these since that is what I ride now and am comfortable on, but am a bit worried about maneuvering these bad boys up hill with my relatively short legs.

PuderLuder
    These skis are super easy to turn and whip around...they may say 189, but the running length is like a snowblade.

And, I am going to probably move my Duke's to the Mavens.

I am 5'10", so not much taller then you.

so still super interested if anyone has put fritschi's on these. According to BD the XL brake is only 120, comments?

PuderLuder

I am planning to mount at -3 with some px12s. Should I go with a binder with a wider footprint or does it not matter. I have no clue as this is my first stupid-wide ski.

They have revised the mount suggestion points. 84.4cms from the tail in now the recommended point and much more in line with my past experinces. Have mine mounted there for this season, will see how they do. Same place my Maestros are mounted and they are perfect.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

That is quite nice to hear. When I wrote Bluehouse for some suggestions on mounting they recommended unless riding switch, you could go lots back from their original reco line. 3-5 cm