Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jack88 Guest

So I'm looking for a job in CO

Here is my resume, I thought this would be the best place to post it:

Objective: obtain an entry level job in the ski or outdoor sports industry

Education: HS Diploma from Woodrow Wilson High School, West Virginia
    I was team captain for two years of the ski/snowboard club, spanish club and tennis club member. I took a clinic on outdoor sports medical response.

Work History: I was a lift operator for one winter at Winterplace Ski Resort, West Virginia. I was able to assist resort guests with questions and help them load onto the chairlift. I also helped out with lift ticket sales. I was present on the busiest day ever at Winterplace, helping to sell over 100 lift tickets to satisfied customers.

Some other jobs I had were sales at the local ski shop and part-time ski tech. I also like to film and shoot ski and rafting photography in my free time.

I’m thinking about moving to Colorado and getting the epic pass.

Do you think I can find a job at a resort out there or doing sales for some kind of ski company? How hard is it to find a place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by jack88 View Post
    I also helped out with lift ticket sales. I was present on the busiest day ever at Winterplace, helping to sell over 100 lift tickets to satisfied customers.
    you are definitely highly qualified and will have no trouble finding a job

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

jack88 Guest
    thanks man.

Why did you post a link to bear baiting?

thanks man.

Why did you post a link to bear baiting?
    What's with this place lately? I can't figure out if all these recent threads started by no post count newbs are trolls or JONGS.

If you gapers join this forum, if you survive JONG training, you will be a Maggot. But until that day you are JONGs. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to post on my beloved TGR. Do you JONGs understand that?

jack88 Guest
    Look just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I have to join the military to be somebody. Alot of my friends joined the army after high school, but I've got plans to move out west and get a job in the ski industry.

Fuck, does anyone know anything here?

jack88 Guest
    also i guess I have to wait and be patient, I know. But, a couple of my firends moved out west and told me to post on here.

http://www.skibrokeback.com/ I believe they are hiring.
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

You are going to need thick skin if you are going to stay around here long.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Ok, I'm gonna assume you are not a troll and help your JONG ass. Pack your car, get in, and drive out west. You're not gonna get a ski bum job over the internet. You better move your ass because the resorts/shops are hiring NOW and you need to be there in person. Bring a sleeping bag and plan on sleeping in your car till you get setup (or crash on your friends couch/floor).

If you want to move out west and get a ski job THEN GO. If you wait and be patient then you can plan on hanging out in WV for another year.

Life is not a spectator sport. Get going JONG.

Here's a thought.

Have you tried calling any of teh resorts to see what they may have?????? Or did you come straight to the internet and hope for a miracle?

No jobs or rentals in Colorado. Also, the skiing sucks, look elsewhere.

Fuck, does anyone know anything here?
    Nope, we are all dentists. None of us work in the ski industry.

Hey man, I just moved to Vail, CO back in June. Finding a job is super super super easy. Most places are just desperate for workers right now, especially the resorts. My friend just got hired as a ski instructor for Beaver Creek and he has maybe skied 5 times in the past 10 years (age 24). Finding a job will not be tuff at all dude, every restaurant is looking for servers/hosts for the upcoming season. So dont worry about finding a job.

The hardest part is finding housing. I moved here in the super off-season and still only had 2 places to choose from. One thing to look into is Vail Resorts Seasonal Housing. You would live right at the bottom of the lift at Beaver Creek. Tarnes or Rivers Edge are the housing names. You need to work for vail resorts to live there tho, or work for a restaurant/bar in one of the villages that gives you a housing voucher for the seasonal apts. Rent is only 450-500 a month there, and i think all utilities are including. That is the cheapest rent you will find right at the resorts. I pay 800 a month at my apartments.

Here is their info:

Contact Information:
    Office located at RiverEdge
    37723 US Highway 6
    Avon, Colorado 81620
    970-949-1119
    970-949-0225 Fax
    riveredge@Corumrealestate.com

Good luck man, just remember: housing is tuff to find, but if you can get in somewhere, finding a job will be a breeze.

-Dave
    Steezin' it...

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    For real. Get in your car now. The job is the easy part, but housing will be tough. I lucked out and got into sick house in west vail. You should look into breck maybe. Their employee housing is really fun and there will be a million jobs.

jack88 Guest
    I'm planning to move to Boulder and crash there with some friends until I can get closer to the resorts.

I guess I'll just start looking for jobs the day I get there. Doesn't sound bad.

The cool thing is I just got a Dodge RAM with a top and I can sleep in the back of my truck on powder dayz. I'm thinking of even working in boulder part time and just sleeping in my car up in the mountains for a couple days a week. Might be hard to bring the ladies back to my truck though.

And fuck that guy who sent me to skibrokeback

And fuck that guy who sent me to skibrokeback

haha pwnt
    Steezin' it...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    For real. Get in your car now. The job is the easy part, but housing will be tough. I lucked out and got into sick house in west vail. You should look into breck maybe. Their employee housing is really fun and there will be a million jobs.
    Thought your 'puter was down, so no more posting? Promises promises.

jack88...7220 is right, you have to head oput here to start looking. A lot of the Tahoe areas will be having job fairs starting now and running through November. Try this number: 415 267-6999; has a lot of job info.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    That is the cheapest rent you will find right at the resorts. I pay 800 a month at my apartments.
    Jebus H Crackers!!! 800 a month?!? It makes me tired just thinking about working enough to afford that.

That there Vail Valley is goddamn expensive!! $800 dollars a month and you have to ski Vail?!? No thanks.....
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    haha pwnt
    Funny ass thread.
    I can never tell if these dumb ass questions are really jongs or bored aliases?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

jack88 Guest
    What are jongs? c;mon I need to know these things before I move out west and people start saying shit I don't understand.

jack88 Guest
    And one other thing, does anyone know if you get pulled over and you have WV plates does it matter if you have lived in CO for more than a month? I heard you can get a ticket for that.

What are jongs? c;mon I need to know these things before I move out west and people start saying shit I don't understand.
    You MUST be a troll. But I'm bored so I'll play

read HERE and STFU