Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Shit, man, the taco stand flex test is righteous

shoots are at 2:00 into the video
    . . .

Moved from the BH with Dynafit thread. More appropriate here.

Mounted @ 810mm from tail (per Adams recommendation of 800-820) no charge even if they had to get salomon to send them a new jig, I love you Sportsbua!

Side by side handflexing with XXL (brand new, never skied) they are about the same from the end of the rocker to the start of the tail. Shoots have a softer tail for the last 15-20 cms. The tip is slightly softer from the rocker and out, but not by much.

For those that can handle the XXL´s, my guess is the Shoots will be quite manageable.
    Last edited by SiSt; 09-22-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineTom View Post
    Praxis pow 195- 1 day in super heavy spring slush, not shure yet if R/R is for me.
    if you decide to part ways with these let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    Side by side handflexing with XXL (brand new, never skied) they are about the same from the end of the rocker to the start of the tail. Shoots have a softer tail for the last 15-20 cms. The tip is slightly softer from the rocker and out, but not by much.

For those that can handle the XXL´s, my guess is the Shoots will be quite manageable.
    What length XXL are we talking here? Does it matter?
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Sorry, last years, 194.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

gaijin, your rant is unclear. You seem very passionate, so maybe you'd like to clarify it so we can understand what you are really trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ...I have yet to even receive my recently purchased Mavens. I've never even seen them. Yet- I really don't feel that dropping less than 400 on a tree ski should be considered a risk. (Ordering a pair of pontoons or Kuros would be equally risky.)...
    What? How can Pontoons be equal risk as Mavens? Any prospective buyer could demo Pontoons for the past 2.5 years to test how they ski before buying. No buyers can test Mavens until snow falls.

...If I don't like the skis... so what. Chalk that up to the biggest shape-evolution the industry has ever seen. Even Shane had to change companies. Does anybody here even remember the mid-nineties?...
    What? Are those 4 sentences even related or just a bunch of intentional non sequiturs? Are you saying you don't care if you pay $375 for skis you don't like from a company you want to support? And chalk WHAT up? Your lack of caring (i.e. "so what")? It's unclear. And regarding Shane: I thought he did not HAVE to change companies. I thought his Volant sponsorship terminated with the sale to Atomic, so instead of changing to a new company, he chose to ski his Spats without any commitment to any company's skis. Later he eventually decided to join K2. And what connection are you making with the mid-nineties? The Shane events to which you referred were around 2004, right?

...It took all these indy companies to actually make big names make even shittier skis. (pontoon, hellbent, Squad-cable-thingy, kuro = are you fucking kidding me?)?...
    What are your points in that quote? That Pontoons and Hellbents are shittier than older K2 skis? Or that indy skis are shitty, but big name copy-cat models are even shittier? Or what?

...there is no SHANE model. (do you notice that?) (not that I distrust his designs in any way.)...
    What's your point? It says "McConkey" right on the Spatulas. Is the "Shane" label more important to you than his last name? Unclear.

...We vets have been waiting for this...
    Waiting for what, a Maven-type ski specifically? Or the "shape-revolution" in general? (In which case, wake up, it's been going on for a while now.)

...Those of you who are teenagers... (or lawyers who have never experienced a shape-revolution in the ski industry) can, quite frankly, fuck off and go snorkeling or something.
    Not sure why you decided to insult all teenagers and a subset of lawyers. I understand why you might want to protect the future of Bluehouse and the "shape revolution", but relax---I don't think those people have demonstrated any significant threat to that future. Go ski your Mavens when you get a chance, and tell us how you like them.

ASIDE: Rossi's "cable-thingy" technology got bashed early on TGR, so no one talked about it after that, but I believe it has strong potential in the quest for the Grand Unification Theory of Surfing and Charging. Whether or not that potential becomes realized depends more on the market than technology. If cyclists can start with one-wheel coaster brakes and adapt to 2-wheel cable brakes, why not cable&cam-controlled ski rocker on-the-fly? It's certainly achievable, but do enough people want it?

[/end counter-rant].