Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

People are ridiculous

So reading the news online this morning and watching the Today Show. They had a segment on a family trying to make it one week living on half as much. These people are CRAZY.

They cut out their weekly washing of the car at the car wash and instead washed it themselves......What a bunch of dopes, why wash the car in the first place.

The wife cut out her mani/pedi.....ick

The husband saved 25 bucks by mowing the lawn himself!

I don't know why that segment annoyed me so much, but my goodness what a bunch of losers. High Maintenence unaware assholes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    but my goodness what a bunch of losers.
    Says the grown male who watches the Today show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

My dad used to go out and wash the car in the rain (if it needed it). When it would start to rain, he'd grab some soap and a sponge and scrub it down. The rain rinsed it off. Then if he wanted, he would chamois the car after the rain stopped. I've done it a few times too. Free water.

High Maintenence unaware assholes.
    I agree. But the problem with most capitalist economies today is that a lot of people make a living selling services and crap to these kind of High Maintenence unaware assholes.

So when we all cut back on ^ that stuff and more, we are doing the right thing, but someone will hurt, including the baker who sells the bread to the lawn mower who can no longer afford it since he lost his job. That means the baker's wife cuts back on pedis, which means the pedi chick gets a double hit: losing two customers in one week.

So much fat can be removed, but what are so many people going to do when it is?? This is why another depression should scare the pants of most developed nations. Wont worry the Chinese, Indians or even Arabs much, after all, they never lived our level of excess to begin with.

Problem: western over population along with too many people trying to make money where it should never have been made in the first place just so they could buy crap of people selling stuff that should never have been sold. In a strange twist, India and China are now more than happy to make this crap for us... and take our money off-shore.

Um....
    Life is not lift served.

i'll admit to the rain washing, once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    QED

The rain wash is pure genius. Too bad it never rains here.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

So reading the news online this morning and watching the Today Show. They had a segment on a family trying to make it one week living on half as much. These people are CRAZY.

They cut out their weekly washing of the car at the car wash and instead washed it themselves......What a bunch of dopes, why wash the car in the first place.

The wife cut out her mani/pedi.....ick

The husband saved 25 bucks by mowing the lawn himself!

I don't know why that segment annoyed me so much, but my goodness what a bunch of losers. High Maintenence unaware assholes.
    What are they unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    +1 ......
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

One word "CAPITALISM"

Hohes pretty much nailed it on the head. Our society has been built upon retards like this. We are so dependent on each other spending money that if we are the least bit frugal, we then run the risk of being considered un-american. The government has even resorted to giving us "free money" to go spend on stuff to boost the economy. It amazes me how much some people spend on what they view as necessity.

I must admit that even I have a vice, and that is buying gear. I'm just as guilty I guess. I spent my whole economic stimulus check on a tent and I think it was made in china.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
    Dignity.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

this thread sounds like a buch of broke people cryin about the evil "rich" people.

I've washed my van once in the 2 years I've owned it.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman978 View Post
    this thread sounds like a buch of broke people cryin about the evil "rich" people.
    I'm not broke.....just not high maintenence.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I fail to see how someone wanting to keep their car clean or getting their lawn cut is high maintainance. or makes them assholes??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
    x2 for an answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    Dignity.
    These people lack dignity because they have disposable income and dispose of it in ways that increase their quality of life?

Disclaimer. I didn't watch the show. The people very well might have been douches.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman978 View Post
    Orly? I read it as being about how stupid some people are.

That said who cares if some one pays another to mow their lawn, wash their car, etc? It's pathetic and sad that these people are too dumb to realize they could do it themselves and save the cash...other than that, if you prefer to have somebody else mow your lawn or wash your car who gives a shit.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

they are unaware of lots of things I would bet. Unaware of the state of the world, unaware of natural resources, unaware of most things. Living their suburban lives without a thought or care in the world about anything other than their little space on Maple Dr.

Washing your car is like watering your lawn, to some people it is as an important part of you life as brushing your teeth or buying groceries.

Just sayin............Hohes and Shred had good posts.

They acted as if doing these things were HUGE drains on their existence and they were gonna go right back to doing them now that this awful ONE WEEK experiment was over.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

That said who cares if some one pays another to mow their lawn, wash their car, etc? It's pathetic and sad that these people are too dumb to realize they could do it themselves and save the cash...other than that, if you prefer to have somebody else mow your lawn or wash your car who gives a shit.
    On the contrary. If you make a lot of money, woudn't you be an idiot to wash your own car and cut your own grass when the money it takes to pay someone else to do it is insignificant to you. I don't think people that choose to pay people to do work for them are "too dumb to realize they could do it themselves and save the cash".
    Last edited by Jim J; 07-09-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post

I don't think they are stupid or pathetic. They seem to believe their time is worth more than the cost of washing the car themselves or mowing their own lawn. I don't see anything wrong with that.

jim beat me to it

Oh... My... GOD!!!

People actually live different lives and have different values!?!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

There are many things I enjoy doing. Washing my car and mowing my lawn are not on that list.

I get the paying for stuff you don't want or have time to do, I really do. However the lady was a typical suburban mom, two kids, no job and her "chore" for the day was to get the car washed. These people weren't overly rich, upper middle class most likely. Just sheltered it appeared and kind of ridiculous about what sacrafice is and isn't.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    Oh... My... GOD!!!

People actually live different lives and have different values!?!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

They do and they have a right to be that way, just as I have a right to start a very important thread on TGR and let my thoughts of their douchness be known.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

That housewife sounds almost as spoiled as the guy that said this.....

"I think that some airline should cater to a better experience, pay more for tix but not have to deal with screaming kids, people that don't fly often, etc...... Give roomy comfortable cabins, offer food and beverage for a charge if you want them, tvs, etc.... I personally would pay the tix price to have a better experience."