Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Moment 08/09

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    saw the Moment van in my neighborhood a few weeks back.

wondered what the f@#k it was doing taking up valuable parking space like that.

later in the week i noticed Moments prominantly displayed in the storefront window of D-Structure on Haight (store is next to Mad Dog in the Fog and near the Haight/Fillmore bus stop for the 6, 7, and 71).

went into the store, but the guys there didn't know much about the skis. just claimed that they had carried them the previous year (though i never saw any in the window last season) and that the owner of the store knew the owner of Moment.
    I went in there this fall just because I wanted to fondle something ski-related. There were two or three pairs of skis stuck in a corner but that place was mostly full of ridiculously expensive T shirts. The staff were also quite useless.

PAGE TOP!!!!!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

I'm not sure how many of the guys at D-structure ski but there shop is really rad with a lot of cool art stuff.

Here are some pictures from a recent update on our website - thought I would share since most people probably do not read our blog.

09/10 sneak peak:

09/10 how about 08/09's? Finally decided to pull the trigger on some Bibby's to complement the Praxis Pows and they are no where to be found. Sick looking skis but I feel like the homeless guy looking at the buffet through the window. Any more 08/09 production planned? I am sort of glad you are in this position versus being flush will unsold skis....

Melee:

Yeah, I got the impression that some of the guys working at D-Structure don't ski.

Then again I was in the shop on a week night (believe it was a Wed or Thurs) and they had the front gate half-closed and looked like they were setting up for a party (they had a guy setting up turntables and another guy looking over flyers).

They looked at me a bit funny when I walked in and started perusing the skis. Weird thing was all the Moments were behind the cashier counter, so I wasn't able to fondle 'em.

At any rate, I'd never been in the shop before and I always like looking at new gear regardless if I'm going to buy it or not (though I'm still in dire need of trying the 188 Ruby...even if the 180 was a bit much for me!)

That said, what kind of packs are you guys rocking in those pix...I see a black pack and an orange pack...just askin' cuz I need to get a new, bigger pack and I'm having trouble finding a good selection at any of the local shops and can't seem to come to a decision online.

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by truberski View Post
    09/10 how about 08/09's? Finally decided to pull the trigger on some Bibby's to complement the Praxis Pows and they are no where to be found. Sick looking skis but I feel like the homeless guy looking at the buffet through the window. Any more 08/09 production planned? I am sort of glad you are in this position versus being flush will unsold skis....

Bibbys are still available. We just sold out of them already. Its our best selling ski to date. We are currently in production making more of them. They should be ready within a week or two. You can pre-order them here:
    http://www.momentskis.com/mstore/pro...products_id=31

I highly suggest doing the pre-order.

That said, what kind of packs are you guys rocking in those pix...I see a black pack and an orange pack...just askin' cuz I need to get a new, bigger pack and I'm having trouble finding a good selection at any of the local shops and can't seem to come to a decision online.
    Jackie Paaso is in the first image and I am in the second. We both use Da Kine backpacks.

Nice to see Corky made it back from SF alive! What ski are those 09/10 bases?

edit: And tell Jackie the jeep still says, jackiepasso.com
    Last edited by kush1; 11-17-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

mhardy11 Guest

compare

What is the best moment ski for all mountain>? the M1? or garbones?
    and is the flex of the m1 stiffer than the xxl?
    HOw does the m1 compare to the goliath

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by mhardy11 View Post
    What is the best moment ski for all mountain>? the M1? or garbones?
    and is the flex of the m1 stiffer than the xxl?
    HOw does the m1 compare to the goliath

I'd have to say the tahoe is the best all mountain ski but the m1/garbones could handle the same duties with the right condition. Also this needs to be in tech talk.

Honestly, the 190 Ruby would be my vote for the best all mountain ski. They carve, float, stiff, and you can land switch in the park....

I'd say you're the authority then. Any chance we can get an idea of what you guys have in store for 09/10. Just about to fax over my ambassador form and I'm curious what if any new sticks you have planned.

Get a plane ticket to Vegas in 3 weeks.

Yea I'd love to go to SIA but lack of funds is kinda of a deterrent right now.