Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Yeah buddy good lookin pup. I knew it was just a matter of time after Zanik passed before you guys doggied down again.
    Bring him by for some socializing and doggie mayhem this summer.
    have to have another maggot dog party soon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

How long will it take for that Little pup to grow >100 LB?

I don't have animals so I can't imajine having 100+ pound animal with sharp teeth around the kids. These dogs don't freek out? You can trust this dog with your baby poking and grabing him?
    "Hold my beer...Watch this!"

Quote Originally Posted by freezorburn View Post
    I don't have animals so I can't imajine having 100+ pound animal with sharp teeth around the kids. These dogs don't freek out? You can trust this dog with your baby poking and grabing him?
    Yes you can trust them with babies, old people and even drunkards. That's why dogs (trained properly) fucking rule. You're missing out in not having a canine companion.

Great looking pup buzz.

big dogs are awesome to spoon with (in a loving, not freaky way)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    The void is filled now.
    I've heard that you're freaky but that's just wrong.

great looking pup! congrats.

grew up with a great dane next door, one of the most laid back gentle dogs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Yeah buddy good lookin pup. I knew it was just a matter of time after Zanik passed before you guys doggied down again.
    Bring him by for some socializing and doggie mayhem this summer.
    have to have another maggot dog party soon
    Yep, it all came at once and we pulled the trigger. Socializing and doggie mayhem would be great and will take you up on that!!!

It has been 10 years since I did this last, but she will get to 100 in a year+. The sharp puppy teeth you will deal with in all dogs, but they fall out and then the scratched stop. She is a nibbler, but she is also a baby, 5.5 weeks. Taylor, 3 now knows to replace her hand or foot in Hayley's mouth with a toy. Danes are known as "Gentle Giants". Our last Dane was 160lbs and never hurt her ever. I train them to know their size so they don't accidentally step on a kid's foot or knock em over. I have full trust in my dogs, as I am the one who trains them. She pokes and grabs her already when playing and all is just fine. Like Tromano said, looks like best friends already.

Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    Yes you can trust them with babies, old people and even drunkards. That's why dogs (trained properly) fucking rule. You're missing out in not having a canine companion.

Great looking pup buzz.
    Spot on. Thanks smalls! I can tell she is going to be a well trained pups. She is already going to the door and has yet to poop in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlandclown View Post
    big dogs are awesome to spoon with (in a loving, not freaky way)
    If I say anything here, truth will make fun of me again.
    (spot on)

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    I've heard that you're freaky but that's just wrong.
    Wondered if you would chime in as I have been watching your thread with Tonka in Sprockets.

Must say, you have a beautiful dog too. I am a big dog person as you know. Too bad our pups won't get to play, but at least you are being civil.
    I am calling a truce. Dog stoke is dog stoke. We both have kick ass dogs.
    Just as you said, I like my dog better than most people. Things are how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
    great looking pup! congrats.
    grew up with a great dane next door, one of the most laid back gentle dogs ever.
    Thanks again! Yes, they are laid back and gentle. I have a good feeling I will always have a Dane. Had one since I was 19, going on 34 now. Awesome dogs.

But man, I want some sleep. She is a lover and wants to cuddle. When the crate door closes things get loud right now. But it is part of the deal. It really is like having a baby again: up every two hours, poop, pee, play, crash out, rinse, repeat.

"Hold my beer...Watch this!"

I am laughing my ass off holy shit that is funny.

"Get some, that's my boy"

Now I am wondering about you freeze, actually searching for that.

Congrats., R. Good on ya. I hope that you enjoy this "l'il guy" for many years to come.

This got me thinking about my current situation. Going from 2 dogs, to one, to none has left my family a bit shell-shocked. On tuesday, only one day after Schoko passed, my daughter asked for a new dog. My wife has strenuously objected. I have always had a dog, and I always will. Last night, I called my breeder in NJ. She turned me on to a phone # of a breeder in Colo. who is having a litter at the end of the month. If all goes well, I will roadtrip out the first week in August to pick up the new Chessie. Best part is that Schoko would have been this puppy's great uncle. (The father is Schoko's sister's son...or something like that).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Congrats., R. Good on ya. I hope that you enjoy this "l'il guy" for many years to come.

This got me thinking about my current situation. Going from 2 dogs, to one, to none has left my family a bit shell-shocked. On tuesday, only one day after Schoko passed, my daughter asked for a new dog. My wife has strenuously objected. I have always had a dog, and I always will. Last night, I called my breeder in NJ. She turned me on to a phone # of a breeder in Colo. who is having a litter at the end of the month. If all goes well, I will roadtrip out the first week in August to pick up the new Chessie. Best part is that Schoko would have been this puppy's great uncle. (The father is Schoko's sister's son...or something like that).
    Great idea, but I'll still put in 2 cents from the pound: there are a lot of great dogs waiting for you at the SPCA, Humane Society, pound, etc.

"Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Hell yeah
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thumbs up

Good for you C!!
    Yes, she certainly is a fun puppy.

While I have yet to hear of the details regarding Schoko, I send my regards. I will have to catch up with you soon enough.

I know your love for Chessies, they are great dogs too. Very loving.
    And your wife will melt when you bring he/she home.

Just keep your eyes on the road on the way back so you both make it. I was a bit distracted with the stoke of actually having our new puppy in our car to say the least!

Thumbs up Hayley, 11 weeks today

Last edited by Buzzworthy; 06-06-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Be sure to let the kids cuddle with the puppy and let the puppy sit in their laps.....

cute puppy, should be a good dog for ya!
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Thanks man! She is a lap dog, for now. Hayley is 14 pounds larger now than our last Dane, Zanik at this age.

She is going to be HUDGE!

(sorry for the big pics, but I kinda like em)

Don't let her do anything now that you would not let a 150lb dog do. It is much harder to break habits then to prevent them.

Cute pup.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

mother of god, that dog has grown. its always amazing to see how quickly they grow.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Absolutely beautiful. Great Danes ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    mother of god, that dog has grown. its always amazing to see how quickly they grow.
    Yeah, it is pretty amazing to see how big she is getting and how fast. That is something you need to watch in Danes, but she is on the right track says the vet. Plus this is our third from puppyhood and I am thinking we know what we are doing at this point.

I hope.

Hutash, our last was 160 so yeah, I know eggsactly what you are sayin!!!

Thanks all, we think (of course) she is one hell of a good lookin Dane.

That's a nice "little" pup you have there. That face is just way too cute; nice colors!
    ...gentle giant.

Those paws look almost as big as his head.

Does he fight your wife for her side of the bed?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hayley is actually a she!!! HUDGE!!!

And yeah, apparently my side is more broken in and she likes it better.

She does not know her size at all so gentle and giant have not mixed quite yet, but they will. It is amazing how careful she is with Taylor and those paws.

What a good dog.

That's dog's gonna shit small countries.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

I love great danes, they are awesome dogs!! I am so jealous - cant have a dog here in Japan, no freaking place to keep the thing
    パウダーバカ!!

edit, thing isnt a puppy anymore!! Wow its growing fast! Still beautiful though
    パウダーバカ!!