Atomic Pimp Daddy Pictures

Its good to see Atomic lengthening out their line for 2005. I know that many words have been spoken about these skis in here, but here is the first good pic of the 2005 Sugar Daddy Pimp Edition 193 I have come across. Its good to see that it doesnt have the stupid atomic riser plate either.

The Atomic site has also been updated for the 2005 line, so go look at how ugly the Big Daddies got...

Looks like a rip-off of old Operation Ivy graphics, good stuff.

Red sucks. Wish it would have blended into the bottom graphic a bit more, I don't think the half and half graphic is good.

Kind of dig the Big graphics but the regular sugar's are hella-ugly.
    Last edited by CaddyDaddy77; 05-19-2004 at 12:11 PM.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Re: Atomic Pimp Daddy Pictures

Originally posted by FigureEleven
    so go look at how ugly the Big Daddies got...
    Mine sure look a heck of a lot better than my 04s did. Nice blueish-black color: great! Only the winged horse on the tail I xould do without; but a good stickerjob will fix that. Or some spraypaint the color of the rest of the ski. Also I dig the bases being the same as the Pimp Edition.

And without the plate they're like a kilo lighter pr. ski, the difference is very noticable. Even those I put R1018s on are now decent weight.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    , I don't think the half and half graphic is good.
    That's a picture of half the base and half the topsheet I guess; the Pimp Editions I had and all those I've seen so har had a much more Sugar-like topsheet. The pimp dude is on the rear end of the base; like on the BDs.

Ahhhh. So is it the same topsheet as the regular Sugars?

Thought that was a bit weird.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    Ahhhh. So is it the same topsheet as the regular Sugars?

Thought that was a bit weird.
    Yeah, close at least. Haven't seen the standard 05 Sugar live as I didn't want any myself this spring; but the pics of the Sugar looks very familiar to the Pimp. I believe only the base is different (says only ATOMIC x2 on the Sugar and one ATOMIC + the pimp on the Pimp)

Hmm. Just shot a few pics of the new BD for those interested. Forgot to shoot the bases and to lazy to redo it; but they are like the Pimp above in the tail and yellow with the letters saying ATOMIC in the front like the 04.

Originally posted by Telepath
    ....Yeah, close at least. Haven't seen the standard 05 Sugar live as I didn't want any myself this spring;.........
    You have that kind of problems that us mere mortals dont have...

Fondled those big daddies in march and those were definetly a lot lighter than old plated versions.

And a local ski tech from Champoluc insisted that the skis dont exist at (that) moment, even if i was ready to bet 400 euros.
    Damn.
    He should have taken that bet.
    I have never been good with facts.

Hmm, my first pairs showed up like the first of April I think and I didn't ask for them untill mid-March I think.

Pimp's been around for a while...

Telepath,

They lose the plate and you still put the Atomic Bindgins on the BD's? Cummon...any other binders than those!!

Originally posted by Bandit Man
    Telepath,

They lose the plate and you still put the Atomic Bindgins on the BD's? Cummon...any other binders than those!!
    If you look closely you'll notice that it's the bomber-build Race1018 binding on BigDaddy plates which imo makes a very good binding; after skiing that model for a year I trust them as much as 916/920s or Look ZRs. Only drawback imo is the weight; but it's never really bothered me. Also the ability to move the binding around longitudinally makes up for the added weight imo. Now if I had to ski the R614 or (gods forbid) the R412 it'd be different; but the 1018 works really well; basically it's a different binding from gthe lower models. Haven't used any of the newly constructed bindings (Neox) yet and won't as long as they are only DIN14.

Besides, why the fack do you think I've got a bunch of 05 Big Daddies standing around at this time of the year?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    But what`s up whit this telepath?
    I have also seen norwegian jibber Sondre Bjørkheim with red Looks on his atomic skis. Don`t know if he skis for Atomic though, but since used to be on the salomon team I figured he`d be spancered by atomic now if he`s on their skis...

I guess he just uses Looks for the weight. If I was jibbing I'd prolly do the same as the only Atomic binders I trust are the 1018 which is pretty frikkin heavy to put on a jib stick (I guess the skis in the picture are Tweaks, right?). Dunno if he just did it without telling anyone or if Atomic is ok with it; I'm pretty sure he's officially on the norwegian team at least.

A couple finnish dudes in France where skiing Solly binders on their 04 Big Daddies and Pimps even though they too are AFT people.

Besides, why the fack do you think I've got a bunch of 05 Big Daddies standing around at this time of the year?
    I get it, but had to raz you anyhow...I've got my eye on the Pimps or Bigs for '05 for sure! My comments were partly out of envy...

Originally posted by Bandit Man
    I've got my eye on the Pimps or Bigs for '05 for sure!
    Imo the Pimps have only marginally (if any) better grip and carve than the BigDs; whereas the BigDs float and speed way better in everything but (real) hard stuff so unless you are after a bc jib stick the BigD is the better ski I think. I'll probably stay on BigDs for almost everything and then get a 183 Sugar for reallt technical/tight stuff at some point. I never felt unsecure due to the BigDs width last year, even on techy bad-snow stuff.

If only they'd make a BigD Pimp Edition too, like in a 203 or something and a tad wider

Oh great NOW I've gotta buy another pr of BD's!
    You bastard those look sweet. Do they ski the same as this yrs?
    I agree about the 1018 binders. As good as S914. Plus the sliding plate really works.

Originally posted by Schralper
    Do they ski the same as this yrs?
    The reduced weight makes them more nimble/lighter to throw around; just like a pair of Salomonized (a common operation last year; loose the plate and drill a SlamOn directly into the ski; made them quicker to moce especially in trees etc. Lighter guys loved this mod.) 04 BDs.

Flex is very close to the same with a boot in the binding; unmounted the 05s might be a tad softer but not a whole lot. Once there's a boot in there I notice no real difference.

Well,.........since you're bragging about having a bunch or 05 Big Daddies .....I need a pair and I have $$$$$ a would provide a good home for them

Originally posted by Spamhelmet
    You have that kind of problems that us mere mortals dont have...

Fondled those big daddies in march and those were definetly a lot lighter than old plated versions.

And a local ski tech from Champoluc insisted that the skis dont exist at (that) moment, even if i was ready to bet 400 euros.
    Damn.
    He should have taken that bet.
    You should have taken the bet. I have had a pair of 195 sugars since last fall. THis ski is now the pimp daddy. If anyone is interested I will sell these with a 10-18 binding. Great shape. These have the sugar cosmetic, 195 not as stiff as the sugar or big daddy, more like a cross between the stop and the sugar.
    I think there were only a dozen or so of these made so they are pretty rare.

Originally posted by FLEX
    Well,.........since you're bragging about having a bunch or 05 Big Daddies .....I need a pair and I have $$$$$ a would provide a good home for them
    Nice offer but as I'm hoping to be using them soonish I needa keep them for a while; at least untill I know when I'll be getting my stuff for next season. But thanx anyways

does this mean you've got some iggies that are collecting dust now?

Originally posted by mildbill.
    does this mean you've got some iggies that are collecting dust now?
    I wouldn't say that. Today I just managed to sqeeze them into a photoshoot just for the fun of it; the design of those FFLs is considered inappropriate around here to say the least

the design of those FFLs is considered inappropriate around here to say the least
    mmm...killer green...