Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    USFS agents tearing down smoke shacks miles from a paved road + 1 in 100 Americans now in prison =
    It's like no one can connect the dots anymore. Every aspect of this 30-year "war" has failed miserably, every benchmark is worse than the previous. Every single battle has been lost. Yet still the fear-mongers we call leaders pour more dollars into the war on drugs. WTF. How can these people be so stupid and still harvest votes.
    On first

Rx $

Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler View Post
    I love it when people do illegal stuff, then whine about it when they get caught...
    JONG shut the fuck up. Please leave, and please never come back.

I wonder if these guys actually make money for the force by arresting smokers. Those fines can be hefty in some places...
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    wow andy! know what I love?

I love it when some shit stain JONG fucktard arrives on our forum and spews stupid fucking self-righteous bullshit like we're interested in hearing it.

I love this comment!
    Calmer than you dude

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineJunkie View Post
    I'm with telemike. You fucking hippies and stoners who are supposedly one with the environment really fuck it up. Not just the trash left in the woods but those pot fields fuck up the forests big time. It's funny listening to some fucking hippie talk about saving the environment while smoking a joint that destroyed so much of the environment being grown with all it's pesticide, run off, and trash from the cultivators.
    So your head is not up your ass apparently as it is talking now.
    When you know what you are talking about, please speak back up.
    Till then, keep quiet on stuff you really don't understand.
    Speaking more on the forest issues you bring up. But also pesticides????

a few weeks ago someone reported the feds were at a shack on killington. sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by green mtns rider View Post
    killington. sucks.
    Fixed it for you

That's shitty news to hear. Busting people smoking J's in the woods near/on resorts while others can get tanked @ the lodge and head right back out speaks volumes about our moronic priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post
    Still "alias" is a USFS employee and he is not going to stick his neck on the line vis-a-vis this issue. Hell, he has a wife and new kid and his paycheck comes first. He may give some nicely worded anonymous statement on this forum, but if his unit was told to do the same he would send his crew out to do just the same.

Sorry, telemike, but we ain't buyiing it. I agree that the users and citizens need to write letters, but you are just going to recoil into your bureaucratic shell and do nothing.

If you truly believe what you are saying, then step up and do the right thing. It takes bold, scary moves to do that, but an anonymous post here is not bold nor brave. It is just kind of weak.

dude, sorry but I'm not telemike. I'm a different mag who used to live in CB and lives elsewhere now.

I am low on the totem pole in the FS, and have no interest in riling things up where I work, which is in a different state than CO.

That is all.

actually it's not: Telemike:
    SORRY FOR PEOPLE THINKING THAT WAS YOU! I don't know what else to say. I wrote the whole post under my normal name then thought twice, as a fellow employee, I imagine you could understand that.

peace
    Last edited by ~~alias~~; 02-29-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Nah, I prefer Jerry, much better view.

Truth be told.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Medical marijuana cards are great. If you want to be a prisoner in your own country. One can't cross the border into Canada if he/she has one.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

It's funny listening to some fucking hippie talk about saving the environment while smoking a joint that destroyed so much of the environment being grown with all it's pesticide, run off, and trash from the cultivators.
    Are you OK with me smoking weed if it is grown indoors?

The one time I've heard Alpinejunkie be, sorry-pretend to be, pro-environment is the time he uses it to say fuck you all to the rest of us who are concerned about the environment. Class-A dickwad right there.
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_ripper View Post
    Yea - OK...

Quote Originally Posted by extreeski View Post
    Medical marijuana cards are great. If you want to be a prisoner in your own country. One can't cross the border into Canada if he/she has one.
    I'm in Canada. There are medical pot users here too. I'm confused why Canada Border Services would bar entry to somebody on the grounds that they're a med pot user. Then again, the law is an ass so maybe I'm not so surprised.

What you have here is a lack of project codes for the forest service employees to bill their time to. So when the managers run out of projects to bill to, their employees don't get paid. It amazes me what some of them come up with to keep people working. Here they've resorted to going into the forest and tearing down/vandalizing historical properties under the guise of clearing the forest of an "attractive nuisance". They have really stooped to new lows by clearing out/vandalizing a great camp along the river that is still used by boaters and could be a life saving place should the weather turn while we are on the river. But the managers don't care, they have no relationship with the forest, only trying to keep their people working.

Fucking sucks.

I'm with telemike. You fucking hippies and stoners who are supposedly one with the environment really fuck it up. Not just the trash left in the woods but those pot fields fuck up the forests big time. It's funny listening to some fucking hippie talk about saving the environment while smoking a joint that destroyed so much of the environment being grown with all it's pesticide, run off, and trash from the cultivators.

Indoor Organic.

HEY MY LITTLE CUM-GARGLING SPOOGE RECEPTACLE. YOU REGISTERED THIS MONTH YOU FUCKING TOOLBOX. TIME FOR YOU TO GET OUT, MORON. (AND YES, I REGISTERED THIS ALIAS THIS MONTH, BUT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS)

BEAT IT, LOSER.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by rsknight1 View Post
    "Don't tase me Bro"
    Fuckin' A.

Didn't get to read the whole thread, but didn't want to lose this thought...

These public agents MUST be turning on their own to do this, and how can they justify arresting tokers to their friends and family, many of whom are likely to get high once in a while. Whenever I've passed through mountain towns, ski towns, EVERYONE including all locals I've met seem pretty "hip to that vibe". Not like the type that would rat on their neighbor about something like smoking pot, whether or not they tend to indulge personally. When did these dicks get so self righteous? is it a generational thing?

How can they turn their backs on so many personal relationships? Its fucking betrayal Not to mention that it can really fuck up someones life to get in trouble with the law for herb violations in many states.

This really fumes me. Talk about brainwashing government employees...

And not even MENTIONING the boozing skiers... complete hypocrisy.
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    ^ yeah really. Can't you ColoRADo hut-stoners find a good cave or something?

I fucking love it!
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

Appropriate measures should be taken while involved in certain activities.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Airsatz View Post
    Fuckin' A.

Didn't get to read the whole thread, but didn't want to lose this thought...

These public agents MUST be turning on their own to do this, and how can they justify arresting tokers to their friends and family, many of whom are likely to get high once in a while. Whenever I've passed through mountain towns, ski towns, EVERYONE including all locals I've met seem pretty "hip to that vibe". Not like the type that would rat on their neighbor about something like smoking pot, whether or not they tend to indulge personally. When did these dicks get so self righteous? is it a generational thing?

How can they turn their backs on so many personal relationships? Its fucking betrayal Not to mention that it can really fuck up someones life to get in trouble with the law for herb violations in many states.

This really fumes me. Talk about brainwashing government employees...

And not even MENTIONING the boozing skiers... complete hypocrisy.

You've never been told to do something by your boss that you don't agree with on a personal level, but do anyways because its your job?

Even if the LEO's don't agree with busting smokers they are still Law Enforcement Officers and since it is still illegal they would be risking their job not to issue fines and make arrests.

You can't exactly tell your boss "Hey, I'm not going to bust those stoners because I don't agree with it."

And how fucking hard is it to smoke a joint without getting caught? Give me a break.

Flaskman,

If the buildings are truly historic, they are protected by law and cannot be touched. I doubt that is the reason they are being torn down.

-----

Why is it that people don't just pick up the phone and call their local Ranger to find out what is going on? It's really simple and these people are serving you, the public. All of the ones I know are more than welcome to explain why a certain action is or is not taking place. Bitching on the internet doesn't do anything.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

"Bitching on the internet doesn't do anything. "

I disagree, bitching on the internet does accomplish endless entertainment.

My point of view.

Skiing is a family oriented activity at my little mountain. Families are important to us.

So, I would prefer it if my clientle that wished to spark up would go to a smoke shack in the trees and not be blatant assholes about their illegal habits.

Thankfully most do and for that I leave them and their smoke shacks alone.

For the most part.

Couple of weeks ago we had to alter our closures due to 1 smoke shack and the habit of its users to end up behind us on sweep.

Add into that, one of my patrollers didn't know about this shack, skied off the roof during a heavy snow storm and knocked himself out.

The end result was 6-2lb shots laced together with primer cord and voila! No more smoke shack!

Some of our locals are a bit bent out of shape about that action.

What they fail to see is, we are 100 % private land.

I wouldn't dream of building a tree fort on their land, and then leaving garbage around that fort.

Why do they think they should be able to build some crappy shack on our land?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Add into that, one of my patrollers didn't know about this shack, skied off the roof during a heavy snow storm and knocked himself out.
    He should have stomped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    HEY MY LITTLE CUM-GARGLING SPOOGE RECEPTACLE. YOU REGISTERED THIS MONTH YOU FUCKING TOOLBOX. TIME FOR YOU TO GET OUT, MORON. (AND YES, I REGISTERED THIS ALIAS THIS MONTH, BUT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS)

BEAT IT, LOSER.
    Yeah, I know you're an alias. I may have registered last month, but I wasn't born yesterday.

My bad on calling him a JONG. Feels like I've been here longer then I have.
    -Tim Winton

Chill people. People that like sharing god's gift with others. Me. The list goes on really...

It's a real shame they're cracking down on smoke shacks. My first visit to a smoke shack at Big Sky was one of the highlights of my trip. Not because of the smoking, rather just so many cool, giving people. Best vibe I've ever experienced.
    BS/MLB is not on FS land. The property was originally ceded to the rail road for logging. That is why it has become the over developed mess it has.
    We were having trouble finding the big one in Broken Heart at MLB, so we just had a Troller show us
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.