Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    A Medical MJ card

In Cali and a few other states you pay a "Pot Doc" $100-200 and then the "Clinic" $100-150 more or less annually and you are legit. In SF/Oakland its as good if not better than Amsterdam. They have Cafe's with copious amounts of Dank, every flavor under the raindbow, butter, cookies, clones, hash, show them your card and your in. Nobody gives a fuck, its great. Some of them have live Jazz and swank coffee bars, really a lovely atmosphere.

Sorry if that makes your home town seem a little rigid
    Is the card like private clubs in Utah where you can get your friends in too?

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    Littering and... littering and... littering and smokin' the reefer.

Wonderful. And with the report out in today's news that the USA has the Number 1 incarceration rate for any country (over 1 in 100 US citizens have been or are in prison/jail...for mostly idiotic "crimes" like a dime-bag possession. What bullshit) you can see the mechanisms in place.

Private prisons are the number one growing private business in the USA, and for a business to stay viable it has to grow, so there is huge pressure to keep asinine laws such as possession on the books so they can keep the prison business booming.

So, some skiers who are doing nothing wrong, smoke up a little and some ass-wipe LEO busts them and BAM the business keeps on growing.

Asinine. Legalize it, and treat it as a social issue not a criminal issue.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by extreeski View Post
    I'll see you at the Elvis Shrine.

Nah, I prefer Jerry, much better view.

PSA...

We at Baker will not put up with this shit! Do not even try to come hunt us down and steal our refer, we will revolt!
    Is it winter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    wow andy! know what I love?

I love it when some shit stain JONG fucktard arrives on our forum and spews stupid fucking self-righteous bullshit like we're interested in hearing it.
    Thank you for recognizing my JONGness!!
    And thanks for putting me in my place.
    I will try to follow along with the crowd better in the future.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Its way too hard, and plus criminals dont pay their fines as quickly.
    Exactly.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I know quite a few FS employees that DO rip on skis.

And most of the ones that DO ski (or actually Mt. Bike), either:
    Smoke themselves
    or
    Don't give a shit.
    Likely both.

It's an interesting observation.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ~~alias~~ View Post
    shhhhh....I know one awesome hut at CB that you better be a damn good skier to get to...

in other news: I couldn't be more irritated as a USFS employee. At a time when good people are losing their jobs throughout the agency, money is tight, programs are eliminated and this is the 'work' being done with what little is left? This is how to make the most of scarce FS human and monetary resources? ...
    This sounds vaguely similar to what happened in the Harry Potter books when Voldemort's cohorts started taking over the Ministry of Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill Hammer View Post
    who goes to a shack anyway? Unless it's 5 degrees out any spot in the woods will work just fine.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Building shacks is wack.

You know how much chortling time was wasted building those shacks?

When I first read the original post I thought we were talking about shack/huts, like warming huts on established BC trails. Now that I know some "industrious" folks actually spent the time to build a shack so they can toke, well that's a different story. Why not just paint "Stoner" on your forehead?

Shacks? C'mon, now.

Next some folks at CB will be building outhouses so's they can take a shit in the woods.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

^ yeah really. Can't you ColoRADo hut-stoners find a good cave or something?

I was just gonna add that. Rad pic by the way 666, definite cover material

There is something really cool about smoke spots though. Its more than just a place to get high
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    yeah, man its like a big alternate community man!

Quote Originally Posted by ~~alias~~ View Post
    shhhhh....I know one awesome hut at CB that you better be a damn good skier to get to...

in other news: I couldn't be more irritated as a USFS employee. At a time when good people are losing their jobs throughout the agency, money is tight, programs are eliminated and this is the 'work' being done with what little is left? This is how to make the most of scarce FS human and monetary resources?

...to produce the greatest good for the most people for the longest time...that used to be the agency-wide objective.
    Undercover law enforcement stings to arrest individual marijuana users? are you kidding!?!?! how does that possibly serve the greater interest of forestry or recreation in any way?

This is your government, our government...if you're a user of that forest, a resident or someone who recreates there, I'd suggest you have some very legitimate grounds to be upset as this represents scarce time and money that could, nay should be used to care for our forest...perhaps some letters to the District Ranger or your senator/congressional rep might be worth sending.
    I understand why alias posted under an alias- personal opinion no longer exists the day that you are on the payroll. usually that's not difficult- part of the job, as they say-, because people work for an agency like the FS because they agree with the mission of the organization. however, politics trump all, and powerful interests sometimes influence policy more than "caring for the land and serving people." I know of quite a few FS folk on this board and it's a shame that you can't even post your opinion under your normal screen name (not even your real name!!!!).

writing or calling your district ranger is HUGE. in the district I've worked at previously, contacting the DR by email or snail mail letter guaranteed a personal response and thoughtful consideration of the matter at hand. even if the FS as an agency disagrees with you, its employees are listening.

Still "alias" is a USFS employee and he is not going to stick his neck on the line vis-a-vis this issue. Hell, he has a wife and new kid and his paycheck comes first. He may give some nicely worded anonymous statement on this forum, but if his unit was told to do the same he would send his crew out to do just the same.

Sorry, telemike, but we ain't buyiing it. I agree that the users and citizens need to write letters, but you are just going to recoil into your bureaucratic shell and do nothing.

If you truly believe what you are saying, then step up and do the right thing. It takes bold, scary moves to do that, but an anonymous post here is not bold nor brave. It is just kind of weak.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What kind of idiot gets high with a stranger?
    your joking right? No better way to make friends in the first chair line up or first chairs up the hill. Its a sad day when you have to feel like a criminal for just some tokin' of the green. Many good days have started with "you wanna a hit of this..?' That usually leads to talk about skiing, and that usually leads to somebody showing you some stashes. Now brace yourself for this one......You may smoke with more than one group of stranger during the day

I guess its easy to take cali for granted. We have it pretty good
    Last edited by tahoegnar420; 02-29-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: forgot some shit...I was stoned

Quote Originally Posted by tahoegnar420 View Post
    your joking right? No better way to make friends in the first chair line up or first chairs up the hill. Its a sad day when you have to feel like a criminal for just some tokin' of the green. Many good days have started with "you wanna a hit of this..?' That usually leads to talk about skiing, and that usually leads to somebody showing you some stashes. Now brace yourself for this one......You may smoke with more than one group of stranger during the day

I guess its easy to take cali for granted. We have it pretty good
    I never thought I would say this, but I agree with TG420 on this one.

Nanuq

Ain't buying what? I have never hid the fact that I'm a FS employee, and I am about as bureaucratic as TGR. I am not a cop. I let the cops do cop things.

Writing letters won't help.

smoke shacks are a tough issue - they seem pretty benign to most folks here, but you should see some of the camps and "cabins" people have and the huge amount of shit that gets left behind - we deal with an unbelievable amount of garbage - my trail crews have spent many days picking up after scumbags rather than doing trail work like we are supposed to - it's annoying and a pain in the ass carrying hundreds of pounds of crap out of the woods from some dodgy hunting shack Bubba built
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Nanuq

Ain't buying what? I have never hid the fact that I'm a FS employee, and I am about as bureaucratic as TGR. I am not a cop. I let the cops do cop things.

smoke shacks are a tough issue - they seem pretty benign to most folks here, but you should see some of the camps and "cabins" people have and the huge amount of shit that gets left behind - we deal with an unbelievable amount of garbage - my trail crews have spent many days picking up after scumbags rather than doing trail work like we are supposed to - it's annoying and a pain in the ass carrying hundreds of pounds of crap out of the woods from some dodgy hunting shack Bubba built
    Sounds like you are talking more about wilderness areas than ski area smoke shacks. All of the one's I've been to inbounds have some stuff left permanently at the shack, but they are in no means a mess. I seriously doubt you are doing trail work at a ski area.

And yeah, the shanty huts out in the middle of nowhere can be a serious eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post
    Still "alias" is a USFS employee and he is not going to stick his neck on the line vis-a-vis this issue. Hell, he has a wife and new kid and his paycheck comes first. He may give some nicely worded anonymous statement on this forum, but if his unit was told to do the same he would send his crew out to do just the same.

Sorry, telemike, but we ain't buyiing it. I agree that the users and citizens need to write letters, but you are just going to recoil into your bureaucratic shell and do nothing.

If you truly believe what you are saying, then step up and do the right thing. It takes bold, scary moves to do that, but an anonymous post here is not bold nor brave. It is just kind of weak.

You are a fucking douche bag.

It is none of your business what anyone in here does for a living or how they feed their family. You want a good mag to risk his job, the food he puts ont he table for his kids and I bet you have'nt even sent an email, let alone place a stamp on an envelope.

Hey boss, some dipshit on the internet told me to tell you to STFU.

Fuck off dude. (and yes I burn)
    Last edited by Cono Este; 02-29-2008 at 09:36 AM.

AlpineJunkie Guest
    I'm with telemike. You fucking hippies and stoners who are supposedly one with the environment really fuck it up. Not just the trash left in the woods but those pot fields fuck up the forests big time. It's funny listening to some fucking hippie talk about saving the environment while smoking a joint that destroyed so much of the environment being grown with all it's pesticide, run off, and trash from the cultivators.

What gets me is that these FS guys are trying to preserve the pristine environment of a developed ski area.

it is harder to get caught if you just pop X...that is my suggestion for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Nanuq

I can imagine it. At Snowmass the Sneak Shack burned down last year. It was a full on cabin with a stove and had some historical value locally, but still would have qualified for teardown. Luckily they caught the fire almost immediately but if they hadn't and it had spread and burned parts of snowmass, people might have been singing a different tune.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."