Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Can you imagine getting busted for smoking weed by this guy:

hippy.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-28-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    Oh and if you didn't like my POLICE STATE comment read this. 1 in 99.1 people in the land of the free are in prison. More than any other country in the world
    Expensive and ineffective system.

The math is it take an avg of over $21K per year to incarcerate these people.

I'm sure we're creating more violent criminals by putting non-violent criminals in the dog-eat-dog world of prison.

Thats shitty that when offered they refuse and wait till everyone hits it before they make an arrest, soon enough they will be seliing it to people and then arrest them for possesion 10 seconds later
    Sexual climax lasts mere moments; but Deep Powder is extended Nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not a hippy, I just don't know what you're talking about with "get a card".
    A Medical MJ card

In Cali and a few other states you pay a "Pot Doc" $100-200 and then the "Clinic" $100-150 more or less annually and you are legit. In SF/Oakland its as good if not better than Amsterdam. They have Cafe's with copious amounts of Dank, every flavor under the raindbow, butter, cookies, clones, hash, show them your card and your in. Nobody gives a fuck, its great. Some of them have live Jazz and swank coffee bars, really a lovely atmosphere.

Sorry if that makes your home town seem a little rigid
    Last edited by Dhelihiker; 02-28-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Hello darkness my old friend

I just read the arcticle,
    how the fuck can something you cant find be problematic- douchebags

I wanna be the guy who has to ski around all day looking for them. "Sorry Boss, No luck, I should probably go sidecountry tomorrow"
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by TFA
    Nielsen says the Forest Service will be following up on the summons to see if it can be learned who built the shacks. “If it can be determined who built the structure, or who has been maintaining the structure, they will be cited,” he says.
    In other words, some higher-up has the convoluted notion that they can figure out who built the structure by busting everyone who goes through and uses it. pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by el_jefe View Post
    f
    Mt. Crested Butte police chief Hank Smith ...“In our world, given staffing levels and the other problems we may be dealing with, if someone is smoking a joint and doing nothing but—on our priority list that’s somewhere below cows on the road,” he says.
    Well, at least the CB police chief has a grip on things...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What kind of idiot gets high with a stranger?
    Chill people. People that like sharing god's gift with others. Me. The list goes on really...

It's a real shame they're cracking down on smoke shacks. My first visit to a smoke shack at Big Sky was one of the highlights of my trip. Not because of the smoking, rather just so many cool, giving people. Best vibe I've ever experienced.
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

this part is classic......

“If somebody is skiing through the trees and isn’t aware something is there it could create a crash hazard.”

kinda like a.....tree?

who goes to a shack anyway? Unless it's 5 degrees out any spot in the woods will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Can you imagine getting busted for smoking weed by this guy:

hippy.
    hey god-dammit!

You just blew my cover.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

AlpineJunkie Guest
    Teaching a kid to love Vail at such a young impressionable age . Wrong, so very very wrong

his grammy bought the hat

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    hey god-dammit!

You just blew my cover.
    What gives with this FS stuff anyways? Is it a system wide dictate or just a few bored local FSLEOs trying to justify their salaries?

honestly, I have no idea - this is the first I've even heard of it

I was reading the article myself going "WTF?"

I've worked Vail's closing day, and myself and my partners have always just looked at it as a way to keep maniacs from getting out of hand, and to help protect folks if maniacs get out of hand.

At least nobody smokes weed at Vail Pass, so I don't have to worry about it.

what dicks.

Littering and... littering and... littering and smokin' the reefer.

That shit don't fly in Aspen, our sheriff looks the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    You gotta love it, but they did an article in the paper last summer about the FS possibly tearing down some of the smoke shacks in bounds.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

shhhhh....I know one awesome hut at CB that you better be a damn good skier to get to...

in other news: I couldn't be more irritated as a USFS employee. At a time when good people are losing their jobs throughout the agency, money is tight, programs are eliminated and this is the 'work' being done with what little is left? This is how to make the most of scarce FS human and monetary resources?

...to produce the greatest good for the most people for the longest time...that used to be the agency-wide objective.
    Undercover law enforcement stings to arrest individual marijuana users? are you kidding!?!?! how does that possibly serve the greater interest of forestry or recreation in any way?

This is your government, our government...if you're a user of that forest, a resident or someone who recreates there, I'd suggest you have some very legitimate grounds to be upset as this represents scarce time and money that could, nay should be used to care for our forest...perhaps some letters to the District Ranger or your senator/congressional rep might be worth sending.

AlpineJunkie Guest
    Mammoth is the same way, only not just pot, also coke. I can't believe Mammoth PD allows so much cocaine to flow through that town.

I love it when people do illegal stuff, then whine about it when they get caught...

I'll see you at the Elvis Shrine.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler View Post
    I love it when people do illegal stuff, then whine about it when they get caught...
    wow andy! know what I love?

I love it when some shit stain JONG fucktard arrives on our forum and spews stupid fucking self-righteous bullshit like we're interested in hearing it.

How the hell can they have the resources for this crap and lack the resources to bust ATVs and snowmobiles in Wilderness?
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

Because the snowmobile lobby greases their palms.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.