Mini TR: Alaska Range glacier skiing

Some how, all the pictures I took were of people skinning, probably 'cause that is what we spent doing most of the time. We hooked up with non mag friend Jonathon for the day. Skiers included non mag friend JJ, my other half, myself and a wanker one planker named Chris.

Skiing took place on the Whistler Galcier located SE of the famed Moose's Tooth, tempature was about 5 above and powder was anywhere from 18" to 24" deep. Typical run was a modest 1,500ft of vert varying from 35 to 40 degrees in pitch

The upper half of the Glacier. A typical run goes to the right of the picture into a steep valley.

Looking NW and back down at my skin track. You can just see the edge of the Moose's Tooth to the right of the photo.

JJ in front and my wife behind him starting up the track after the first run.

Unfortunately, these are the best pics I took, not too shabby for a first TR though
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 02-04-2008 at 11:48 PM.

that's sick. where do you start from? i've never skiied in that area. did a backpacking trip on kesugi ridge last summer...i'd like to go further in at some point...winter would be amazing.

We started right there on the glacier. You can see the plane tracks in center left of the second photo. We flew out from Talkeetna

Looks sick. well played

Thanks! It's great to see pics from elsewhere in the state - maybe I need a plane so I can go find that 18-24"

it looks like the snow is starting to shape up for a decent AK range spring season! nice pics!