Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey Colorado, buy some fucking plows!

Or at least use the ones you have!

4" yesterday at 4:30 and the roads STILL suck. Honestly, buy some goddamn plows. I don't think a plow touched the roads near Boulder and north Denver last night. It took me 2 hrs to go 13 miles last night because the roads were complete ice... and 1.5 hrs this morning to go the same distance.

I guess it doesn't snow much in Colorado anyways.

Whoa, all the anger That is what you get for moving to the burbs. Longer commute with all the other suburb dwelling folks that don't like a little snow.

But yeah, the City of Boulder totally dropped the ball on this one.

no one ever comes near my neighborhood in a plow. i've learned to live with it.

I got into Denver Airport last night around 11pm. Driving into Littleton to my friend's ranch, the roads were great until we got just a shade west of the city then got snowy and icy. The funny thing was though, it was just like normal winter driving conditions for where I live in Alaska, so it didn't seem too bad. BUT, the thing that made it tough for me was the fact there is actual TRAFFIC here and that adds a whole new element to the winter driving!

Still, it is a beautiful day here with fresh snow, and tomorrow I ski! Don't know where yet, but I am thinking Winter Park? Anyone have any good suggestions?

Then this weekend I am taking an AVI course in Estes Park, looking forward to seeing som eof the Colorado Backcountry for sure!

I may be snobbish coming from Alaska and am a hard sell on anything being better, but you in Colorado have a great, beautiful place here!
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Had to go to the office in Highlands Ranch today. Starting from Boulder it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes on the RTD, which is a half hour longer than it usually takes. The reason? The BX was 15 minutes late getting into Denver from Boulder because of the roads. I missed the train that would have got me here on time by less than 5 minutes so I can't really complain too much other than I HAD to go to Highlands fucking Ranch early to have a meeting with some folks in Mumbai.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

It isn't the snow that makes your shitty commute even more shitty. It is all the fucking people. If there were 10,000 more plows, it would be even more of a clusterfuck. I think the city should sell all the plows and tell people to chill the fuck out and hang out at home for awhile, maybe hang out with their neighbors, get a hobby, read a book or something. It will melt soon enough.

Hey TC- it usually takes me 20 minutes... not like I'm driving during peak traffic times.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    It isn't the snow that makes your shitty commute even more shitty. It is all the fucking people. If there were 10,000 more plows, it would be even more of a clusterfuck. I think the city should sell all the plows and tell people to chill the fuck out and hang out at home for awhile, maybe hang out with their neighbors, get a hobby, read a book or something. It will melt soon enough.
    That's usually the case... except last night and today when the roads were sheets of ice due to not plowing them. Even if there was no traffic, in some places I wouldn't have wanted to go more than 15-20 mph.

But you're right, in most cases I usually blame the idiot drivers.

I personally think they do a pretty good job.

Not much you can do about all the extra traffic and WIND...makes 4" seem like 4x that amount...

Downtown Denver and the immediate surrounding area was great. Good job Denver!

montanaskier:weather::smmokan:

a) CDOT
    b) driving
    c) both a) and b)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

it'll all melt off by 2pm...

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    Downtown Denver and the immediate surrounding area was great. Good job Denver!
    Agreed. While co-workers were bitchin regarding their long commutes, I had my usual five minute commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Agreed. While co-workers were bitchin regarding their long commutes, I had my usual five minute commute.
    So living on East Colfax has it's advantages?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

montanaskier:weather::smmokan:

a) CDOT
    b) driving
    c) both a) and b)
    Come on now... just complaining once gets me to MS status?

got on 25 @ 120th at 6:30, off at Spear at 9:30, turned around and went home. Got hit by 19yr old college chick in a Grand Cherokee. She even stated she has no idea how to use her 4 wheel drive....

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Or at least use the ones you have!

4" yesterday at 4:30 and the roads STILL suck. Honestly, buy some goddamn plows. I don't think a plow touched the roads near Boulder and north Denver last night. It took me 2 hrs to go 13 miles last night because the roads were complete ice... and 1.5 hrs this morning to go the same distance.

I guess it doesn't snow much in Colorado anyways.
    LOL!

Snowing like hell here. I saw two guys walking from the grocery store, each with a case of beer.

If all else fails, drink out the storm.

One bitch: People who don't know how to drive in snow. I'm plowing snow with my right bumper while the fuckbrain coming the other way is practically in the middle of the road.
    You ever notice they're frequently STARING AT YOU while they go by, while you're desperately trying to avoid a head-on? It's almost like their brain just switches off and they go into la-la land. Sailing along, endangering all they encounter.
    Last edited by Gordyman; 01-31-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

Come on now... just complaining once gets me to MS status?
    Don't make me search for the bevy of CDOT posts from last season.

I'll give you that you're posts certainly don't rise to montanaskier's em0, butthurt angst over the weather.

^^^ They will if it takes me an hour to drive home today- at 1:00.

Bitch bitch bitch...

I'm sorry, as skiers who have chosen to live where we do, we are not allowed to bitch about shoveling our driveways, snowplows or cold weather.

ice on the road = blessing!!

STFU or move to fuckin' Florida.

That's usually the case... except last night and today when the roads were sheets of ice due to not plowing them. Even if there was no traffic, in some places I wouldn't have wanted to go more than 15-20 mph.

But you're right, in most cases I usually blame the idiot drivers.
    Regardless if they plowed or not... It's not that simple.

Yes plowing does not happen on an ideal schedule, however, from what I've heard about that storm, it came fast and fierce.... which means a lot of compaction before a plow can get there, which = not being able to be picked up by the plow. Now if we could get all the gapers off the roads during storms, plow drivers wouldn't have to stop to help gapers out of ditches, get more snow up, and clear the roads more effectively and efficiently...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

This thread is so Morrissey.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'll give you that you're posts certainly don't rise to montanaskier's em0, butthurt angst over the weather.
    I continue to feel the love Rontele. It's almost like I'm famous....almost.

Steve- You gonna be in my area this weekend?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitman36 View Post
    got on 25 @ 120th at 6:30, off at Spear at 9:30, turned around and went home. Got hit by 19yr old college chick in a Grand Cherokee. She even stated she has no idea how to use her 4 wheel drive....
    Useless without pics.

I didn't have any problems driving down to and back from Denver during the height of the storm.

Maybe its because I own REAL SNOWTIRES!!! D'oh!!
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"