Black Diamond Verdict ski

I have some questions about this ski:

1. How stiff is it (vs. Gotama or Mantra, Seth Pistol/Vicious or Public Enemy, Monster or Mojo, etc.)?

2. Is it possible to mount an alpine binding on it, if I bond a plate on the Verdict?

As for question #2, I've seen guys mount alpine bindings on the TeleDaddy, the Heli Daddy, and various fat Karhu skis. Although, to be fair, Karhu shares a ski factory with Line for its mid-fat, fat, and uber-fat skis. It seems like they had no trouble at all, whereas the alpine heel piece was concerned.

I've seen tele/randonnee skiers put every binding on alpine skis (especially the Snow Ranger, the Vertigo G40, G41, or the G4, the 4X4 BIG or the Intutiv BIG), so why can't we as alpine skiers put our alpine bindings on tele skis, if we prepare or bond a plate.

I'm not talking about racing or carving the groomed, and all I want to ski is steep and deeper.

you'll want to specify year - as last vs. this are very different construction.

and search.

and.

jong.

Quote Originally Posted by powdog View Post
    2. Is it possible to mount an alpine binding on it, if I bond a plate on the Verdict?
    No plate necessary, ttbomk. The Verdict is intended for use with AT bindings as well as tele, so it's designed to accept a heel. I've seen them used with alpine bindings.
    not counting days 2016-17

1) it is fairly stiff
    2) You can mount any bindings you want on it, I have even seen BD branded alpine bindings (I think they were Atomics or NIST)
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jrosendahl View Post
    1) it is fairly stiff
    which version? the 06-07 is not "fairly stiff" its "not stiff" and unless they doubled it I doubt the 07-08 is either.

you can put alpine bindings directly on the 06-07 if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    which version? the 06-07 is not "fairly stiff" its "not stiff" and unless they doubled it I doubt the 07-08 is either.
    AFAIK, the 2008 model switched from foam to wood core. Same or similar dimensions, but a different beast.
    not counting days 2016-17

I think that Hugh just follows me around to tell me I am wrong. Did I give some really bad advice one day?

The new verdict (07-08) has a ski flex index rating of 96667 which would imply stiff tails, slightly stiffer than average in the middle, and slightly more stiffer than average at the tip. That is slightly stiffer than (but similar to) the 184 B-squad 104 (85568) which while softer than the larger size B-squad is still a ski I would call fairly stiff.
    It was all a whirlwind; freeze and flash.
    Within a week we had grabbed our skis and hit the road.

(nothing... a little powder, a little blood.)

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jrosendahl View Post
    I think that Hugh just follows me around to tell me I am wrong. Did I give some really bad advice one day?

The new verdict (07-08) has a ski flex index rating of 96667 which would imply stiff tails, slightly stiffer than average in the middle, and slightly more stiffer than average at the tip. That is slightly stiffer than (but similar to) the 184 B-squad 104 (85568) which while softer than the larger size B-squad is still a ski I would call fairly stiff.
    If you are going to quote Endre Hals work link to it. He's done a fair bit of work
    http://www.endrehals.no/

My experience with 06-07 = soft and not very durable. Fine for a cheap touring ski.