Quote Originally Posted by Danny Noonan View Post
The 186 I much preferred behind the line for the exact reason you are saying, as I felt like there was so little ski in front of me that I ended up back seating them if I wasn't careful.
Not so relevant these days, although maybe due to the continued discussion on Renegade Mount Points

With hole conflict, I ended up having the option of -1.5 or -3.5 from recommended. I am on 10/11 179 watercolors, which I believe has a recommended of -6 from center. I went with -3.5 or -9.5 from center after mocking up both mounts and talking to some shop guys and am extremely happy with the skis in soft snow, which is where I had planned to primarily use them. Feels good to drive from the shin, and much easier to stay balanced and out of the back seat. However, this did make the skis feel plankier on hard snow and increased tip flap in chopped runouts, which was just the excuse I needed to buy a new pair of skis The shop said when the ski was in production they often mounted at -2 or -2.5 from recommended.