Check Out Our Shop
Page 1621 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 ... LastLast
Results 40,501 to 40,525 of 41417
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Damn

Anyone try skiing today?
    No longer. 6th alley and buy you a beer if you find me. Red Buffalo hat. Not so creepy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrom View Post
    Abasin cold but nice snow in spots. Only BMX and MH spinning, options!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The viewing of carnage from bmx 15 min after the exhibition rope drop was sublime.

Loveland had Chet’s, ptarmigan and 6 running by 11 am. It was a pretty nice day. Relatively warm and the wind was actually pretty typical by loveland standards after mid-morning.

Legit foot plus of blower with low wind this morning. I have a dream.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-14-2024.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	482954

20 degrees is the perfect temp for the nose candy. Then when it hits it turns into around 10 and it's just perfect pow.

Sitting on a shit wind slab on top of facets, but it's something.

All day.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

9" on the 5:45 cam, dumping silver dollars. Regular powcam is gone

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    9" on the 5:45 cam, dumping silver dollars. Regular powcam is gone

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
    Legit 13 inches here at the house in Gunni

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Got here last night after a miserable drive. Car this morning was absolutely buried.

Saw Snowaddict in a que. Dude was wearing the biggest smile I've ever seen.

Still snowing.

Whoot!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Nice day at the basin, finally, lots of rope drops and stuff.

Slide closed the road of berthoud so a lot of ikonerds showed up and lines got long. Still manageable though.

Tomorrow should be nice too.

Yeah what a day at the basin! They didn't open pali face til around 11:30 and did a metered opening so the huge crowd waiting didn't go all at once.... glad I was in the first group of 15 to say the least...

Monarch FTW

You should have been here yesterday!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Yeah what a day at the basin! They didn't open pali face til around 11:30 and did a metered opening so the huge crowd waiting didn't go all at once.... glad I was in the first group of 15 to say the least...
    What a day! I must have been right behind you on Pali.

Ended up chilling at BML to see if they would open Beavers late, and got rope drops on Davis and Loafer to end the day.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I bet Beavers trees open.

Nice and fluffy, felt like Utah, haha.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1215231220_HDR.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	818.0 KB 
ID:	483052
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I was in the second, it was good for three laps. What a gangbang. Snuck into some "less-than-open" runs for some goods later in the day. Back for more today.

ffs, I actually stopped and took a picture for you people, did you see it there? the one that was super deep and untracked?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    ffs, I actually stopped and took a picture for you people, did you see it there? the one that was super deep and untracked?
    I did, I can picture myself, skiers-left searching and destroying the pillows. Great shot, shows how steep it is, with the parking lot below and whatnot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

ty
    Henry David Thoreau

Kid had to find a motel in WinterPark last night since an avy closed 40. Haven’t heard yet if they’re skiing today or driving back to campus. I think the alt route to Golden is an added 3hrs?
    He claimed “waist deep in places” from yesterday, but I haven’t heard the details yet…

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Kid had to find a motel in WinterPark last night since an avy closed 40. Haven’t heard yet if they’re skiing today or driving back to campus. I think the alt route to Golden is an added 3hrs?
    He claimed “waist deep in places” from yesterday, but I haven’t heard the details yet…
    3:40 total time Granby-Kremmling-Silverthorne-Denver with a 4:45am departure this morning. Have friends who left 30 minutes behind me and are still not up Floyd Hill.

Did they gouge them on the room last night?
    go upside down.

I drove back from winter park yesterday evening, 8 hours back to Arvada with a couple stops for food and gas. 4:30-12:30. The drive up was so civilized, we got lulled into a false sense of security. Excellent skiing though, regretful to have missed trestle opening sometime during the day but can't complain at all about what we did ski. Apparently some friends were one of the cars stalled out in the middle of i70 on the way up to the tunnel putting chains on too late

My 15 year old son and I were 3rd and 4th in line for the trestle rope drop around 12:30 yesterday. It was a fantastic birthday gift! Super light snow over our knees. It was pretty crazy to ski those steep lines straight after years of picking my way through there. The first 2 skiers fell and for a bit I had the run to myself, until I looked over my shoulder and my son was gone. I waited for him and he eventually flew past me and screamed, "What the F is wrong with you!!! Why did you stop!!!" Love that kid. It took more than 2 hours to get back to the house in Winter Park as the road from 40 to Mary Jane parking was stopped. Saturday skiing was magnificent as well chasing him through the Mary Jane trees in deep snow.

Now we are stuck in WP with the pass closure. I can't bring myself to make the extra long drive in such bad conditions. If BP doesn't open soon, we may just ski and try and get home tomorrow.

I grabbed this pic off fb. This is why I didn't go to the backside of Copper yesterday, I was guessing this kind of sh!tshow - once you're back there you're trapped.

Name:  419868305_10161117639731866_729047174198943063_n.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  66.0 KB
    Henry David Thoreau

It was pretty amazing at WP yesterday. I was 4 or 5th in line for the rope drop on MJ chutes. The 4 in-front of me were kind enough to gang ski Awe Chute so I had first tracks down Baldy. The ride home sucked but the skiing was worth it. Talking to people skiing up there today sounds like an all time country club pow day for the history books.

Trestle rope drop? I'm confused, Trestle had already opened this year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Trestle rope drop? I'm confused, Trestle had already opened this year.
    It got closed some time last week and then re-opened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Did they gouge them on the room last night?
    $200
    No idea where exactly