Check Out Our Shop
Page 1612 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 ... LastLast
Results 40,276 to 40,300 of 41424
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Granby hasn't even frozen yet

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse
    That's saying something not too far from 'Fraser, the Ice Box of the Nation'.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I did a little digging around and based on Snotel data, it's the worst start at ABasin since the 90/91 season. 7 percentile. Yeehaw!
    Old's Cool.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/color...ns-once-again/

I think what 69% of median equating to 8th percentile tells me is that our snowpack just does not vary that much. The skiing is truly quite poor but 110" YTD at Wanker Park isn't that bad. Probably 5months left in the lift served season.

Yes we don't vary that much, but there is a minimum amount of snow to have things not suck and it turns out that 69% of median is well below that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I see itty bitty snowflakes falling on the copper webcam, stingy looking but nonzero. Stake shows edge deep!

Clearly I will be obsessing over this cycle. May shave butter off the tops tomorrow.

The ice pics are really pretty. I watched a random swedish chick on youtube that was recording the ice singing under some unique conditions. Also the northern lights. Fairy tale vibes
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Oh, it's snowing outside here too! Anybody else? Let's be happy!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

<1/2 mile visibility now. 4" & counting.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    <1/2 mile visibility now. 4" & counting.
    Locationish? I figure down south.

My skis were grippy yesterday so I'm going to put on some cold wax. I have purple, blue, and black. I was thinking to put on blue and add a few drops of black, is that a good idea?

Also do you know a ghetto fast way to get the snarls of base material from the rock skking smoothed off real quick? Like maybe just a kitchen knife or sandpaper or file or something? Oooh a boxcutter?
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Locationish? I figure down south.

My skis were grippy yesterday so I'm going to put on some cold wax. I have purple, blue, and black. I was thinking to put on blue and add a few drops of black, is that a good idea?
    San Juans

Graphite is anti static and good to cycle onto your bases periodically. I've been running fast w/blue/purple. Be sure to scrape and brush heavily.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

ty!
    Henry David Thoreau

I lied. There's up to 8" is spots, the clouds are breaking up and one replaced shear pin. Game on for back door horizontal freshies.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Mrs ski-wpk’s birthday is next weekend and she wants to ski. Where to? We’re typically at WP but on mountain is pretty awful.

Steamboat? Silverton? Wolf Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Mrs ski-wpk’s birthday is next weekend and she wants to ski. Where to? We’re typically at WP but on mountain is pretty awful.

Steamboat is currently marginal, so unless they get decent accumulation, I'd not recommend it.

wolf creek for snow (forecast is decent)
    steamboat to ski, dinner, soak, chill
    silverton needs more snow

have not been to any of them this season so no real idea but fun game

Over a foot is forecast within the next week or so for the San Juans. Not enough to cover everything. It'll definitely improve groomed runs and you might get lucky and find some off piste spots, but not worth a trip, IMO.

This might be a good winter to get in touch with your nordic side. I get out upwards of a 100 days on skis a year due to XC/rugged touring options. It's all good just getting outside on and in snow. You don't need a huge amount of coverage to XC or skate. Something like Devils Thumb/Tabernash might be worth a look and a unique option....then there's snowshoeing.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Got a good skate ski in this week between town and resort at Winter Park on FS 152. Definitely a winter for XC.

Good feedback all. Fortunately we can make a gametime decision so we’ll see what the next week looks like.

What is FS 152? Tunnel Hill? Vasquez Rd.?

As mentioned, the pent up demand will be serious specially at IKON resorts? Different people have different tolerances and expectations but in order to succeed, I'd suggest focusing on the non-skiing activities and just roll with it.

I'd suggest focusing on the non-skiing activities
    Like sitting in traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Like sitting in traffic?
    It's an option. I was thinking more like fat biking, Yoga with Adrienne video, fireside cocoa's, secondary clutch tear downs. You know, regular shit.

I have been skiing wolf creek. I have switched to biking during the holiday so have no recent data. Will be there tomorrow though. I have not skied the peak or waterfall yet. The knife ridge is open Letter chutes are skiable maybe some deadfall maybe get a clean line.horseshoe bowl is good and they ran the snowcat there this season. Step Bowl has been skiing good for awhile and is clean. Even delivered some faceshots this season. I have been skiing with a friend so having been doing Step Bowl to Bank Shot than catching Orion's Beltway. Below Orion's beltway is a little tight if you don't know it. Easier to cruise the groomer. stuff off prospector is skiable lines have slid so might not ski deep. haven't skied the steeper of the number chutes but the others have been ok. the stuff not off Alberta is all ok just avoid things that get sun. groomers and low angle trees are fine. Everything should be better with half of what open snow is predicting, which is what we have been getting. if its your wife's 65th birthday she can ski for $58 which makes it a little more palatable. If that is enough for you come on down. the snow is supportable so you will not be diving under any trees only going around occasionally. i am still skiing things cautiously.
    the backcountry still needs twice the snowfall we have now to be in.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I have been skiing wolf creek. I have switched to biking during the holiday so have no recent data. Will be there tomorrow though. I have not skied the peak or waterfall yet. The knife ridge is open Letter chutes are skiable maybe some deadfall maybe get a clean line.horseshoe bowl is good and they ran the snowcat there this season. Step Bowl has been skiing good for awhile and is clean. Even delivered some faceshots this season. I have been skiing with a friend so having been doing Step Bowl to Bank Shot than catching Orion's Beltway. Below Orion's beltway is a little tight if you don't know it. Easier to cruise the groomer. stuff off prospector is skiable lines have slid so might not ski deep. haven't skied the steeper of the number chutes but the others have been ok. the stuff not off Alberta is all ok just avoid things that get sun. groomers and low angle trees are fine. Everything should be better with half of what open snow is predicting, which is what we have been getting. if its your wife's 65th birthday she can ski for $58 which makes it a little more palatable. If that is enough for you come on down. the snow is supportable so you will not be diving under any trees only going around occasionally. i am still skiing things cautiously.
    the backcountry still needs twice the snowfall we have now to be in.
    I didn't know Wolf Creek even had that many trails.

It is on my list for places to go if anyone ever gets any snew...

i had to look at the map in order to write that. I usually just hike out the knife ridge and drop.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Game on for back door horizontal freshies.
    Are we still talking about skiing?
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

What is FS 152? Tunnel Hill? Vasquez Rd.?

As mentioned, the pent up demand will be serious specially at IKON resorts? Different people have different tolerances and expectations but in order to succeed, I'd suggest focusing on the non-skiing activities and just roll with it.
    Tunnel Hill I think? FS road heading north from Turnpike just below Prospector. Does that eventually hit Vasquez Rd? I just went 4-5 miles out from the WP base.