moment ruby 180: midwest parking lot review

when you live in the midwest, you tend to do just about anything to make fresh turns. pretty pathetic really.

me: 5'10", 165 lbs, some race and freestyle background
    skis: mounted on the suggested line with p14s
    location: hill behind the local high school parking lot, every inch of 70 feet of vertical at an average 25-30 degree pitch
    conditions: 10-12" of slightly consolidated pow on top of frozen grass, weeds, and empty beer cans. also found some crud, otherwise known as boot tracked out sled area

i made 20 laps. the skis are really light and easy to carry while bootpacking.

review: as others have mentioned, this ski has two personalities. one personality is super smooth and buttery. the other personality is energetic with incredible pop and rebound-super fun. the ski has a fair amount of camber, over 1.0 cm which is much more than my goats or explosives. the ski destroyed the crapped out area on the hill. easy to ride switch if you're into that sort of thing. there was nothing to jump off of so no insight there but given the sk/mount geometry, it's probably easy to stomp and forgiving with hottub landings. i can't wait to open em on up real terrain and see if they have a speed limit-strong buy recommendation.

funny, but I think I get your review... I had a similar experience on a summer patch about 3 turns long last year. I knew the B4's were going to be a fun ski just from that little bit of bootpacking and the 3 turns I put in.

At least my patch was at 7000' with a full view of the Olymipc range in WA!!!

sorry, I had to say it.

edit: It would be funny to do a back to back to back ski test on your hill with the Goats, Exploders, and Ruby's... tape off the top sheets so you cant tell which ski you're on of course!
    Last edited by jfost; 12-07-2007 at 12:19 AM.