rubber soles and AT/alpine binders

would you set up your binders (naxo's in this case) any differently with rubber soled boots that you would with regular alpine boots? such as, would you leave any more space w/ the sole and the afd? would you adjust the forward pressure any different? with the forward pressure and toe height adjusted correctly on my naxos, you really have to jam the boots in there, and even on a 'spot' binder check they take a hell of a lot more force to come out than my alpine boots did. i'm just worried about the release. when i move the heel back a notch, the forward pressure isn't properly set anymore, but the binders seem to work a bit better (at least similarly to my alpine boots which worked well in the binder this winter).

also, i've seen most of the guides in alanga, etc often using touring boots in solly alpine binders. would this be the preferred binder for this application (adjustable toe height, any other reasons)?

Re: rubber soles and AT/alpine binders

Originally posted by ulty_guy
    would you set up your binders (naxo's in this case) any differently with rubber soled boots that you would with regular alpine boots? such as, would you leave any more space w/ the sole and the afd? would you adjust the forward pressure any different? with the forward pressure and toe height adjusted correctly on my naxos, you really have to jam the boots in there, and even on a 'spot' binder check they take a hell of a lot more force to come out than my alpine boots did. i'm just worried about the release. when i move the heel back a notch, the forward pressure isn't properly set anymore, but the binders seem to work a bit better (at least similarly to my alpine boots which worked well in the binder this winter).

also, i've seen most of the guides in alanga, etc often using touring boots in solly alpine binders. would this be the preferred binder for this application (adjustable toe height, any other reasons)?

Not really sure on the Naxo's I've never alctually go tto check them out in use, with a boot. I would imagine the space should be generally the same for spacing. I would look to see if you are infact hooking up on the Vibram upon release, maybe the sole is preventing the boot to release like an alpine boot?

I think most of the reason to use a Salomon, would be as you mentioned the adjustable toe, and also the adjustable wings.
    Pretty much everything else has spring loaded systems, or only has one adjustment not both.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.