Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ok, where are the brighton pics?

I know they exist.

I already got a phone call from two maggots with pow grins that translated over the phone.

So, arrrrr WHARR BE THEY!

and shiver me timbers ec-cetera... ec-cetera...

Talking

Looks like I'm slacking on my Brighton photo post stoke duties.

This situation will be remedied tomorrow. Pics to come!
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Talking

ahem.. . . it is tomorrow... i'd like to see what i missed on opening day. ya bastids

I don't think Summit knew how to get them off his camera
    My Montana has an East Infection

TEASE

No pics from me. I was too busy skiing WAIST DEEP POW POW on Halloween!!!

They opened Great Western around 11ish, and it was UNREAL. Obscene. Should be banned in Utah. Essentially untracked waist-deep blower pow EVERYWHERE. Faceshots galore. Got tracked up a bit after an hour, but there was still incredible stuff in the trees even for my last run at 3PM.

Unfortunately, after skiing Friday and touring yesterday, my poor early-season legs couldn't hold on for a full day of pow. I know--I'm weak. But it was a typical ridiculously GOOD Yewtah weekend. Hopefully there will be more on the way!

So where are these pics. Lynx, come on.....you went there, you should have some pics....

no words can do today justice
    everyone just think about the highest quality pow, pow you ever skiied in your whole friggin' life and then hop in a time machine so you can ski it on Halloween .... SICK!!!!

What SLCFresh said about tracked up ... he couldn't be more wrong .. he just didn't know where to ski. Face shots, and I mean you gotta wipe your goggles face shots, all day long!!!!

Today will go down in my journal as one of the best of all time - and that list includes the very first Maggot Summit Saturday, the day before thanksgiving last year and Jan. 30th of last year - everything else sad to say just pales in comparison.

Get Alta and the Bird open!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

dude.....sorry....i was too busy skiing

EDIT: HAHA, i was going to mentioned the STEEP...UNTRACKED.....BLOWER......FACESHOTS....... AND ONE OF THE BEST RUNS IN MY LIFE (my first run off GW) but i thought i'd wait for the officialy thread....heh, nevermind then.

and serious...faceshots throughout the day. i had to shut er down a little earlier cause my legs were completely toasted after yesterday all day, and then today, and early season, but OH MY GOD IT WAS SICK.
    Last edited by Lynx; 10-31-2004 at 07:17 PM.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

^^^: what they said. Absolutely unreal - my first day of lift-served skiing as a Utard was easily one of my top 5 days ever. And it came on friggin Halloween.

Lumpy - thanks again for the goggle hookup.
    Last edited by stump832; 10-31-2004 at 07:38 PM. Reason: cause lumpy posted right as I writing my message.

UM, well, yeah, fuck you'all, I enjoyed pushing my girls on the swing at Tilles Park. actually, that was fun but those pics look insane ......
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Whew, what a great first day of my winter season!

I set my alarm for 7:30 and when it blared wondered why Lumpy hadn't called yet. Of course I had forgotten to switch the clocks over last night. When he did call at the specified time I was deeply back in sleep again. My addled brain could only spit out I wouldn't be there at opening.

Although I hadn't spent the previous night playing video games till all hours, I did stay up late with the wife watching movies. First up was Dawn of the Dead, quite an appropriate Halloween eve movie. It was much better than I expected, I actually enjoyed it. After that came Starsky and Hutch, once again I was surprised. I had avoided renting this movie for quite some time, sure that it would suck badly. I was quite surprised, they played off the old series and various other 70's shows quite well, rather funny little movie.

Anyways, once I finally did drag myself out of bed I immediately rounded up my gear and headed on my way. By the time I got everything loaded in the truck the kids were out making snow angels and snowmen with the five inches of wet heavy snow in my yard.

The drive up the canyon was pretty straightforward, not much of a challenge. Although it was snowing rather hard the plows had done their job. Once I arrived at Brighton I found the parking lot packed, I was forced to park down past the Millicent lift. I knew I should have driven past the attendant flagging me into a spot, sure enough, while walking to the ticket office I passed many open spots.

Ticket attached to my coat I boarded the lift and began my journey into another season. I looked for Lumpy to no avail, finally spotted Boarderline over on Great Western. I saw Meatdrink long enough to say hey, stood next to Foggy for a few minutes without realizing it, and somehow missed finding Blurred and Summit .

Beers in Mollys' ended what was a sweet ass day. Too much snow and not enough light, but I took a few pics, they follow.

http://www.outdoorsinutah.com/Brighton.jpg

http://www.outdoorsinutah.com/Brighton1.jpg

http://www.outdoorsinutah.com/Brighton2.jpg

http://www.outdoorsinutah.com/Brighton3.jpg

BobMc

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Did anyone catch boarderline's line under the Snake Creek Express? I someone bootpacking out of the hole about 3/4 of the way up the lift. Was thinking "poor bastard" then realized it was bl with a big smile on his face...nice drop!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

seriously.

reserved for a few firday pics...

funkendrenchmen, fondigley, and funks buddy josh(maggot name?) made the trip out thursday night and were in line for second chair.... it was an amazing opening day. thanx to boarderline and MR. AG for showing us some turns.

That did not suck. Sunday was completely retarded. Amazing pow. On my last run the last four turns before the run out were face shots. Tons of smaller rocks to jump. Plenty of getting upside down, some spins. Maching through deep pow. It felt like an amazing pow day in the middle of the season. Great Western opening made all the difference. Awesome to ski with so many maggots. As always powho gives a great lead as does foggy.

GT sent me with pics from Saturday, but unfortunately my mac won't read the disk. Saturday we lapped prolly 10 runs in the resort pretty quick. Lots of packed pow and bumps. Some fun smaller airs and short shots. After that we headed to the side country. We hiked out on the ridge from crest and were skiing that back bowl from the top down to a sink and then hiking back up and into the resort. Sweet turns, good cliffs, awesome pow, sunny. We built a big booter at the bottom of the bowl. It had a perfect lip and in-run, but I must've been smoking crack when picking the landing. You'd have to gap 50-60 feet to get to clear a depression and get to a downhill landing. Needless to say it was never cleared. The furthest jump just landed on the knuckle. The soft snow made it work anyway though.

Awesome time. Skiing good snow has to heal something inside. I've been in the best mood ever since Saturday afternoon. I've had several people comment on noticing a difference. A big thanks to foggy for driving, powho and Bum Z for letting us crash, and GT for tix hook-up and the hospitality.

It was a crazy rally for 2 days of skiing. Got in at 2 am on Friday night. Got home at 1 am last night. It was all worth it. I can't wait to do it again.

There are a million other things to write-up... almost shitting myself, the streets, slow lesbians, etc... but maybe another time.

Oh yeah, and my Maidens arrived today.

You Utards make me very jealous.

Some Pics from Brighton yesterday - courtesy of SkiingBear, non-maggots included James & Traci (who kills it on a board); and Pat, who I think we may have finally convinced to join the board.

James - deep tele turns in true grit
    http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...s/DSC00118.JPG

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...s/DSC00123.JPG
    Pat

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...s/DSC00107.JPG
    me.
    Last edited by skiguide; 11-01-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Back to the top with this thread.

Wow. What an amazing weekend. Brighton was infested with maggots(the good kind) and everyone had a great time.

The snow and conditions were just ridiculous. As in 'what happened to fall of 2004, must be January '05 already' ridiculous. Foot upon foot and faceshot after faceshot of Utah license plate ultralight. As in getting your face tickled by blower and having to time your breathing between trips into the white room. The first run down Great Western on Sunday made me thank God I'm Utarded.

Damn. Hot damn.

The Utard and Coloraggot crews were in full effect tracking out all available powder.

As was the Brighton Air Force. On opening day, all three of the main drops under the Crest Express chair were hit, including a super sketchy ~35 footer to pinpoint landing between barely covered boulders, a 10 foot to 6-7 foot double stager/pillow drop line, (picture below, thanks go to Funken) and the 7-8 foot drop over a log gap hucked by yours truly. Twice. Once on Friday and once on Sunday. To borrow a phrase, it was like landing in a pit of feathers. <snow bro>SIIIIIIICK, BRAH.</snow bro>

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29149.jpg

More pics. Not too many came out with the flat light and nuking snow(plus, who wants to stop to take pics or be photographed when there's waist deep untracked blower w/ free refills ready to be shredded in front of you ), but you get the idea.

About to drop into my first run down Great Western:

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29150.jpg

Meatdrink9 catching some air off a rock:

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29151.jpg

This kind of stoke should last me all week, till the Bird opener.

-bl
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Thumbs up

Utah sucks. I should move there. What an insane day. I got to ski with coloraggots and utards. I don't think I've ever had an inbounds day that was that nice. What everyone else said: endless kneedeep (deeper in places) endless serious face shots (where's my snorkel, Max?) refills, just plain sickness. Million thanks to the generous Utards that skied with us, who hosted us (Altachic and Sandytheskier, also drove us around) and Lynx who showed us the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    including a super sketchy ~35 footer to pinpoint landing between barely covered boulders

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29149.jpg
    Yea... someone did...
    http://www.soulskier.com/summit/0410...%20takeoff.jpg
    Snowy Takeoff
    I saw this asshole drop it but only got a blurred image. (landing out of frame lower right)

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    (plus, who wants to stop to take pics or be photographed when there's waist deep untracked blower w/ free refills ready to be shredded in front of you )
    I dunno... apparently me and whoever this guy is

http://www.soulskier.com/summit/0410...borderline.jpg
    Boarder's Line

Same story on the photos: snowy flat light and I made most of my images at the end of the day... I'll post a thread with them later.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Browsing around on Biglines, I found some quality pr0n shot at Brighton last weekend.

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29062.jpg

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29063.jpg

Takeoff of the cliff furthest skier's right under the Crest chair. Fun drop, perfect landing.

http://biglines.com/photos/blpic29065.jpg
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

what an amazing day on Sunday. I don't know if we got a single day like that at Winter Park last season. Blurred made that sketchy drop look easy..

Summit took some good pics as well-- hopefully he'll post more of his pics soon. Wonder how long we'll have to wait to have a day like this in CO!!

Wow! What’s left to be said? Without doubt, the most balls deep opening day ever. The camera stayed in the car because it was just too good. What you would of seen is a posse of maggots too numerous to name tearing Brighton a new one. Special shout out to Z & Ho for the floor, GT for the tix hookup and most generous guy in the worldness, and Lynx for showing me both sides of the rope. Great to see some new and old faces. See ya’ll in the line up soon. It is fuckin’ on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Wow! What’s left to be said? Without doubt, the most balls deep opening day ever. The camera stayed in the car because it was just too good. What you would of seen is a posse of maggots too numerous to name tearing Brighton a new one. Special shout out to Z & Ho for the floor, GT for the tix hookup and most generous guy in the worldness, and Lynx for showing me both sides of the rope. Great to see some new and old faces. See ya’ll in the line up soon. It is fuckin’ on!!!
    If you want I can get you the disk GT sent with me. It's a PC formatted cd so it should work for you. Gotta run to the depot some time today anyway.

This is ridiculous.
    Bo-muthafuckin-nanas.

I've had about enough of this "truly appreciating winter in the east coast" bullshit.

It's still fall in VT. It's raining. I justify that by saying "well, it's filling the snowmaking resevoirs"- I DON'T WANT SNOWMAKING.

Thank you for all the stoke. I'm gonna go buy a bottle of Jager.