Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by youkneebonger View Post
    post up pics !!!!
    I got no pics but I got a little very shitty helmet cam video I posted on Youtube. I am new to helmet cams so 95% of the footage was unusable due to snow on the lens and me being a moron and not thinking to check it on a regular basis. These few cuts where all that I was able to salvage.

remember too that this is heavily worked and rutted up, wet, manky "powder". Not ideal conditions, but I had fun.

More to come though!

youkneebonger Guest
    right on, Advres!

looks like you had a blast surfing the pow!!

look forward to more tr's involving bananas!

whats your stance like ? duck foot?

freakin nutz to fakie the pow like this does.....

hardpack...not so good!

rip it up Advres!!

ykb

That pic almost makes me want to start snowboarding again.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Is that factory split?

nope - cut it/drilled it - made it in my livingroom.

-i had to drill out inserts for the universal pucks - and put the inside edges in.

...as far as I know, it's the first banana-split

sick job!! What did you use to seal the inner sidewalls?

monk, we're expecting a "how-to TR" from you soon

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    I got no pics but I got a little very shitty helmet cam video I posted on Youtube. I am new to helmet cams so 95% of the footage was unusable due to snow on the lens and me being a moron and not thinking to check it on a regular basis. These few cuts where all that I was able to salvage.

remember too that this is heavily worked and rutted up, wet, manky "powder". Not ideal conditions, but I had fun.

More to come though!

Slow motion?

doughboyshredder Guest
    Monk, that board does look sick. Looking forward to hearing how it is on the uphill.

Send some pics to lib if you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk151 View Post
    FUCK OFF!!

I'll pay you, how much?
    Life is not lift served.

How Banana technology works

I was struggling to understand how the banana technology worked, as everybody was raving about it. I saw this video...

Libtech Banana Technology explained

and as a result bought one and lover it (hence the forum name!)

It just works, its like a Mac Computer. Brilliant

Monk, how difficult was it to put the inside edges on, looks amazing?

Ha ha - "FUCK OFF!!" - my reaction exactly. Monk you should start a side biz. For serious.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

does magne traction work when you're carving? I can see it gripping the hill well while you're sliding a little, but when you're on a rail I don't see how it would work...
    gnarstache.com - the best daily deals on the web... with mustaches.

What is that thing? Some sort of new monoski?

Sick board.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I have ridden the skis and looking forward to getting on a Mag board this winter. Crazy idea and works well...maybe to well sometimes. I used a pair of the shorter boards in a 174ish and really needed the next size up. It was a groomer day and I felt like I could do 180's all day. Fun idea though
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Monk,

FKNA man. I want one of those. What would tha cost me for you took convert mine to a split?

I was talking abotu doing this last year, but the consensus from another coard was that since it is reverse sidecut it wouldn't be good hiking in crap snow. Can you give a mini TR on how it handles in split mode?
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Monk,

FKNA man. I want one of those. What would tha cost me for you took convert mine to a split?

I was talking abotu doing this last year, but the consensus from another coard was that since it is reverse sidecut it wouldn't be good hiking in crap snow. Can you give a mini TR on how it handles in split mode?
    Actually wouldn't mind turning my hammock into a splity too. Let us know what is up mang!

Quote Originally Posted by kings run east View Post
    does magne traction work when you're carving?
    It does.

Problem is, reverse sidecut doesn't.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It does.

Problem is, reverse sidecut doesn't.
    he speaks the truth!

yeah, MTX works great. so don't worry about it looking like it will not hold/carve.

now i've been thinking about the reverse sidecut being sketchy when you need an edge. so maybe the ski mullet BTX from lib tech would be the best split board: you have magnetraction for icey/hardpack snow, banana tech rocker for the powder and a tapered shape for the powder. this board would rule the BC and side-country.

i understand if you have access to thousands of vert feet of powder, then the hammock is hands down the winner...but the split mullet sounds interesting as well. regardless, i am realyl board of inbounds stuff and want to get out beyond the ropes more often.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

They still making a skate bannana?

The rocker thing is obvious. But a reverse camber snowboard never made sense to me. I mean how fucking hard is it to ride a board in powder? I know it's neat and all and you can basically cruise down blindfolded with a reverse/reverse board but still. A reverse sidecut board is pointless come corn season unless all you want to do butter and sideslip your way down. Or unless you have multiple splits or just go fishing once corn is the only option.

If it were me and I were going to cut a board to split it, I'd just use a more versitile shape. And magnetraction is tits in any condition.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I rode a dark series MTX 62 a couple of years ago when I was working in Tahoe and here's my .02

pros (on groomers, didn't get to try it in pow):
    Amazing edge hold...just freakin' amazing...its like having a giant gas pedal on your board, you can drive and pump so friggin' hard through your turns and generate nothing but more speed...its an unreal sensation. I'm not sure if you could get the edge to break loose honestly, maybe on absolute boilerplate, but you'd have to work hard to get it to slip out.

cons (again, groomers only):
    Because of the tremendous edge hold the boards with MTX tend to be a little "hooky" (normal camber), that is to say that when you initiate your turn, the board wants to hook right away into the edge and continue on that track...this is great for high speed ripping, but its a little weird when your throwing 180s and buttering and stuff going down the hill at speed, there isn't the wishy-washy finesse you get from a board with trad sidecut, so if you're a little on edge when you land be ready for a board with MTX to hook and go in that direction quickly.

I'm sure its something you could get used to in a day or two, but its just what I noticed in a couple of runs, but for pure crotch rocket like carving and the ability to accelerate so friggin' hard out of a turn, MTX is pretty damn fun...

When I move back out west in another year or so, I think I'm going to go the route of a phoenix 160 with banana tech for my pow board...it'll replace the regular phoenix 160 I have now...oh, and FWIW Burton has a whole line of reverse camber boards out this year...friggin' copycats....Lib innovates, never imitates...just remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by Monk151 View Post

Huh, that looks kinda like a monoski, weird.
    I don't like being outdoors Smithers, for one thing, there's too many fat children.

- Mr. Burns