Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Comi-Kazi

Ok, this has taken me a ridiculously long time, but whatever, bitches.

I got the comikazis without the swallowtail, mounted 10.5cm behind chord center with p18s. I am a 155lb ex racer that likes to ski fast and power my way through everything, and I have absolutely no grace or finesse.

I've had them in a few different snow types. First day on em was a hardpack/windcrust/bit of soft here and there sort of day. Yea, they are not the ski for a day like this, but they were new, and I wanted to get an idea just how soft things needed to be to justify them. They actually ended up doing better than I expected. They will carve turn after turn on groomers, but only if you really muscle them. Through hardpack offpiste type stuff they were actually pretty stable although I never really got them up to anything really high speed. I really had to try and stay centered on them. Just a bit in the back seat, or even just a bit too far forwards, and they try and jump out from under you. But yea, who is going to ski these on hardpack? Not me, although they did a lot better than I expected. Should handle the hardest snow you'll ever find on a pow day.

The next day was skiing 30" of uberlight blower pow at Bridger. I only got a couple laps, but of course the comikazis slayed it. I was actually able to get them to float on top of everything when I wanted them to, provided there was a bit of pitch. They were plenty easy to throw around when they were down in the pow too.

Next day was a foot of that nice windblown but not crusty, firm and supportive yet still soft type pow. Terrain was glades, a few tighter trees, lots of techincal small to medium size hucks. These skis fucking killed it in this stuff. They were absolutely effortless in the pow. They stomp well, really feels like there is a solid tail there, although I never got too backseat to test it out. Schmear turns are stupidly easy, it really seemed like just about all I had to do to get my hip in the snow was think about it. For how soft they are though, they are poppy as hell. There were a few times I actually got rebound out of them in the pow. That's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. They will make just about any turn shape that you want them to, and I don't just mean big or small, you can start a super g turn and they won't feel hooky or like they want to make a smaller turn, then you can decide halfway through you want to throw on the brakes and hit that windlip, and its just effortless.

Ok, now for the bad stuff (although there is not a lot).

They do get a little tossed around in chop. Its not a big deal, and only really happens at high speed, but I think just a tiny bit more stiffness would make these kill the chop, without really taking much away from their pow performance.

The Verdict: Well, they're the sickness. Depending on your size/style/terrain preference their softness might limit their versatility. I plan on using these for pow days (obviously) for every type of terrain besides super fast hauling ass straighlining type stuff. I'm even thinking that if the snow is soft they will make a ok billygoating ski (although my definition of billygoating would probably be laughed at by those of you that really love tight spaces).

All right. There ya go, fuckers.

EDIT: I took these things out at Aspen today, we got about 14" of wet heavy powder last night, and about 6-10" of lighter stuff throughout the day. Terrain was a lot of hucking, nothing huge, but lots of pillow lines and multi stage drops, with some high speed run outs. I hadn't gotten to try these things at high speeds yet and really wanted to see if I could find a speed limit. Well, they aren't just ridiculously stable, but they are pretty damn good, and unbelievably good considering how easy they are in tighter spaces and slower speeds.

They absolutely slay pillow lines and they let you change direction/ditch speed very easily, even at high speed. They also stomp pretty well. Got a little backseat a couple times when I landed in some weird wet tracked up snow, but if you stay center they feel like there is plenty of tail, until you decide to schmear turn them. On softer groomers (a couple places today only had a few inches on top of what they groomed in the middle of the night) they carved pretty damn well.

Basically way more stable than I expected. I think I like these things.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 01-06-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Bump for more detailed review.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    and I have absolutely no grace or finesse.
    I just wanted to quote that....... oh and i like the Kazi too

Again, the stupid comments just don't go away with these skis. Had some Texan make a really dumb joke about the airplane on the left tip saying something along the lines of "Do you think he goes faster because he has an airplane on his ski?" Then he said to his buddy while pointing at the swallowtail, "Hey look! He's got two skis near the bottom. Who would do something like that?"

why take offense at stupid texans from texas? so they don't get this whole "powder skiing" thing, so what?

(although, if this hatred is rooted in some of "their" more egregious offenses, then I can understand)
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

Quote Originally Posted by mojorisin View Post
    why take offense at stupid texans from texas? so they don't get this whole "powder skiing" thing, so what?

(although, if this hatred is rooted in some of "their" more egregious offenses, then I can understand)
    It was just an observation; no offense taken as I couldn't care less what people think of these skis.

word.

slopstyle crosscarver junior

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    Again, the stupid comments just don't go away with these skis. Had some Texan make a really dumb joke about the airplane on the left tip saying something along the lines of "Do you think he goes faster because he has an airplane on his ski?" Then he said to his buddy while pointing at the swallowtail, "Hey look! He's got two skis near the bottom. Who would do something like that?"
    Yea, pretty much every time I have gotten on or off a lift, I've gotten some dumb ass comment about them. Usually its just disbelief and ignorant comments.

A couple guys were actually talking shit to me today because they were all pissed off that my skis were tracking up all the snow. Their exact words were "All you guys do is straight line and track up the powder" I tried to tell him that those two kind of contradict each other, but they weren't listening. So I called them silly little faggots, to which they got all pissed off, so I told them that if they had something to say to me, keep up, and they could talk all the shit they want. I never saw them again.

I think that was the mature way to handle it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I can't go anywhere without answering a thousand questions about mine.

I guess that is the price you pay for such a rocking pair of skis.

Honestly, these things are oh so silly in power. That said, I've decided to keep mine for sure

Is it just me or can anyone else not access the moment skis website. I keep trying to check it out and it just doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Skiing without poles is like getting a blow job from a guy. It feels great till you look down and realize you're gay.